ORION Implementation Team

Hello,

I may have an opportunity to join one of the ORION Implementation Teams. I was wondering if there is anyone who is currently on one of the teams that could share some insight about the job. Do you like it? What are the main responsibilities, challenges, and demands? Where do you see yourself at UPS once your work on the team is over? How many hours do you work a week? Are you always home for the weekend? What kind of accommodations does UPS provide when traveling? Will I have my own hotel room? Meal expenses? How many people are on a team? Anything else I should know?

....as you can see, I have lots of questions.

I am currently a part time OMS so the ORION Implementation Team would seem like a good move considering it would offer me full time hours and a pay raise. The biggest challenge would obviously be the time away from home since I do have a family. Good thing apple invented facetime!

So before I make a decision I would like to know as much about the job itself as possible. Any information you can share will be much appreciated. Thanks!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why not ask HR, or whoever offered you the position in the first place. Most on here are drivers, loaders or unloaders, and as such would probably not be able to offer too much insight.

I will tell you that someone I know who was on an Orion team just became a Center Manager, so there's that

barnyard

KTM rider
If you go to UPSers.com and click on the 'people moving' you can get a good idea of where Orion people come from and where they go following their implementation stay.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
If you work for UPS and think customer service is the most important thing the company does, then don't go into any level of management. If you think customer service does not matter but saving a gallon of gas is more important than by all means join the Orion team.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Requirements include:

-walking into a UPS facility and being handed a throne by the center manager and DM

-immediately looking on a map and being able to tell a 20 year veteran driver he should take all lefts with a straight face

-be irate when a driver actually saves miles but doesn't hit 85% on Orion, immediate discipline is required

-if you can figure out the shortest route between 2 points is the 2000 section and the 7000 section, you will be a GOD

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Requirements include:

-walking into a UPS facility and being handed a throne by the center manager and DM

-immediately looking on a map and being able to tell a 20 year veteran driver he should take all lefts with a straight face

-be irate when a driver actually saves miles but doesn't hit 85% on Orion, immediate discipline is required

-if you can figure out the shortest route between 2 points is the 2000 section and the 7000 section, you will be a GOD

If you that making a single package house stop is the same as getting 20 packages to a business is the same thing join team orion

Methods don't matter anymore. Why not have 237 backs? We just saved 1.2 miles off yesterdays actuals. But we had 30 less stops. They probably only teach Orion at driving school.

PT Car Washer

My building has a PT OMS on one of the Orion teams. Have not heard how she is doing. Whenever I ask one of the On Road Sups about Orion all they say is "Hearing great things about the Orion System."