Orion warning letters

onehandsolo

They have started harping on orion performance in our center again. Every morning there is a line of drivers in front of the computers telling sups what's wrong with there solution. I have already learned that talking to them is useless.

undies

Does anyone have advice as to what to do? We are starting to get set up for Orion ride alongs. Any thing to help with the Diad at stops and pick ups? How many harrassment days for set up?
Follow Orion, stop for stop. No matter how stupid it seems in your head. Eventually they will tell you they don't want 100% compliance, more like 75-80%. Then after that, they will adjust Orion on your route to follow how you actually run it.

The real mileage savings we got, in my center, were the to and from miles. Basically they made us take the long way rather than the quickest.

clean hairy

Give Managment the following challenge with Orion.
You run the route for 1 week, following Orion 100%.
You then run the next week with Orion turned off.
Managment then runs the comparison and should see the obvious answer.
If all drivers did this, it would send a message to Managment just what a farce Orion is, and would show them the Drivers run the routes better.

Bottom rung

Give Managment the following challenge with Orion.
You run the route for 1 week, following Orion 100%.
You then run the next week with Orion turned off.
Managment then runs the comparison and should see the obvious answer.
If all drivers did this, it would send a message to Managment just what a farce Orion is, and would show them the Drivers run the routes better.
They won't accept that challenge. The management team knows its a mess. And once your route is on orion you can't go back. ...they have reports for that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I found out today that my 9.5 expired on 2-21, when I tried to file, my bad, my job to keep track, I thought someone else would have told me I guess not.
Only 18 over today. probably 96 %. Only broke for business, and air. It was a long lonely night, driving by houses I knew I had stops at to go 2 miles away and come back.
Whatever. One of the sups want to talk to me before I sign up again. So I was told. I said what for, its been a problem for months, they all give me a big dumb smile, they all went to the same school. Here we go. I will file and be on the list again, you come ride and fix it, thats the deal.

Overpaid Union Thug

I didn't even bother with ORION today. I would have had late air. And today was one of those days where if you followed it but then deviate early for air and tried to get back on it afterwards you'd end up with a whole mess of stuff that will be stuck at the top of the screen. And to continue on ORION afterwards you have to remember to keep track of whats stuck up top or cycle back and forth between EDD and ORION. Since today was :censored2: Friday and I was over dispatched and bulked out I just didn't have the right attitude to deal with that headache.

PT Car Washer

I've come to the conclusion that all this garbage they wasted money on(EDD, ORION) is not about customer service but control.
Oh yeah, it is definitely all about control. UPS does not even trust their first line management teams to make the best business decisions. I guess I can't blame them. No, really the only bad decisions being made now are coming from above.

upser7480

G-Force
We have 3 drivers in our center that have requested extra work. We all start at 9, they start at 8. Was told that those 3 routes are exempt from ORION and I assume all the harassment from hitting %, over miles and eventual discipline. Seems to me they have set themselves up for a case of discrimination. Agree? Disagree? Why should we have to follow if they don't? On a side note, I'm pretty sure those 3 drivers running extra resi in the morning before preload is even completed are costing at least 1 driving job or TCD job. Maybe an air driver as 1 of them delivers EAM about 45 min away. Thoughts on that anyone? I think the extra work thing is BS and it they want it, they should have to run it at night like the rest of us.

PT Car Washer

We have 3 drivers in our center that have requested extra work. We all start at 9, they start at 8. Was told that those 3 routes are exempt from ORION and I assume all the harassment from hitting %, over miles and eventual discipline. Seems to me they have set themselves up for a case of discrimination. Agree? Disagree? Why should we have to follow if they don't? On a side note, I'm pretty sure those 3 drivers running extra resi in the morning before preload is even completed are costing at least 1 driving job or TCD job. Maybe an air driver as 1 of them delivers EAM about 45 min away. Thoughts on that anyone? I think the extra work thing is BS and it they want it, they should have to run it at night like the rest of us.
Discrimination? Based on what? Race, creed, age, national origin, sexual orientation. Or is it a business decision?

upser7480

G-Force
25 guys and 2 girls getting hammered on ORION while 3 others get to skate because they wanna come to work early and kiss ass I suppose. There is a bias there somewhere. Even if it's a business thing to let them volunteer for extra work, they should still be held to the same standards as their regular day starts with ours.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The guy who ran my route on wednesday does that. And all I heard was oh so and so ran your route and he was in at 530. Yes and he also sorted the truck for one unpaid hour before start time, according to my loader. Threw away my pop, and protein bars, Misdelivered pkgs I had to recover on Thursday, and still ran 1.8 late, after taking no lunch, documented.
He ran 14.09, vs my 13.9, and made a pick up off area, and the day was a 7.4. There you go runner gunners. How does it feel to be used, and look like you suck too, on paper.

upser7480

G-Force
Maybe harassment is a better word. All I know that we are all suffering the ill effects of this miracle program they call ORION except those 3 guys. Seems to me it's an all or nothing deal. We all should have to suffer or none of us. Call it cry baby stuff all you want. It's a problem. They call in? Guess who gets stuck with a 12 hour day. Guess who gets woken up 2 hours early and threatened write up when they can't find a way to get their kid to school to be at work an hour early. Guess who can't bid the route when those guys go on vacation because it's a "non grievable" 55 hour week. Of course nobody bids it, but then the poor low seniority coverage guy gets it in his butt. You get the picture.

PT Car Washer

Maybe harassment is a better word. All I know that we are all suffering the ill effects of this miracle program they call ORION except those 3 guys. Seems to me it's an all or nothing deal. We all should have to suffer or none of us. Call it cry baby stuff all you want. It's a problem. They call in? Guess who gets stuck with a 12 hour day. Guess who gets woken up 2 hours early and threatened write up when they can't find a way to get their kid to school to be at work an hour early. Guess who can't bid the route when those guys go on vacation because it's a "non grievable" 55 hour week. Of course nobody bids it, but then the poor low seniority coverage guy gets it in his butt. You get the picture.
Oh I do get it. You are being paid $33/hr to deliver boxes. The bottom seniority guys do get the worse part of it. Most of the time. Not always. Some of the higher seniority drivers demand 12 hour days everyday.