cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
@Mike86, this is only the first page. Search and learn.

IMG_1919.PNG

Number-Nine

I really don't get Orion and any of the other computer number :censored2:. I'm trying to make book, I'm told I'm on the bubble and I need to scratch.

My hour plan was 8 and change before I left the building. When I got back at 545, the Sup asked how I did and I said fine. He looked up my numbers and said I didn't scratch and that my plan went down to 7.5 hours. :censored2: is wack

barnyard

KTM rider
But if they do I just run it 100%. I don't care.

That is exactly what I do. I break trace to avoid late air if I catch it on time. Since switching to Orion, I have had more late air than what I had in the rest of my career combined. Usually 1 every other week. Pretty much always on a rural route. Before Orion, I had 1 a year, maybe.

barnyard

KTM rider
Had many a day when management stopped me and said DO NOT run Orion today.

I have not heard that, yet. I have run it a couple of times where the on road asked why I did things the way I did. "I was running Orion, would have had late air, so I broke trace and it made more sense to run the rest of the day in reverse."

Next week will suck. Peak loads with summer heat. Digging in Section 7 at 9:30a is going to blow big time.

I really don't get Orion and any of the other computer number :censored2:. I'm trying to make book, I'm told I'm on the bubble and I need to scratch.

My hour plan was 8 and change before I left the building. When I got back at 545, the Sup asked how I did and I said fine. He looked up my numbers and said I didn't scratch and that my plan went down to 7.5 hours. :censored2: is wack

Sounds like you're doing fine. Nothing you ever do here is good enough. Bust ass til you make book, then everything goes in one ear, and out the other.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Orion is the biggest waste of a billion dollars that I could think of. Money well spent is not the phrase I would use to describe orion. Now...UPS has to keep using it to save face even though is clearly makes the job harder to do and does not increase the efficiency of a delivery driver. Do you think they will listen? The numbers tell the true tale.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is exactly what I do. I break trace to avoid late air if I catch it on time. Since switching to Orion, I have had more late air than what I had in the rest of my career combined. Usually 1 every other week. Pretty much always on a rural route. Before Orion, I had 1 a year, maybe.

Late air, unless you leave the building late, is completely on you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Orion is the biggest waste of a billion dollars that I could think of. Money well spent is not the phrase I would use to describe orion. Now...UPS has to keep using it to save face even though is clearly makes the job harder to do and does not increase the efficiency of a delivery driver. Do you think they will listen? The numbers tell the true tale.

Be patient----Orion 2.0 will solve all of their problems.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
How is Orion and does it really save time center manager told me yesterday that Monday they want me on Orion from what I hear it bounces you back and fourth how is it the best way to run it

Depends on the center.
At first my center was demanding we follow it. Drivers started missing business, adding an hour to their day.
It was just awful.
Slowly over time we just started ignoring it. Cant remember the last time anyone mentioned it to a driver.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have not heard that, yet. I have run it a couple of times where the on road asked why I did things the way I did. "I was running Orion, would have had late air, so I broke trace and it made more sense to run the rest of the day in reverse."

Next week will suck. Peak loads with summer heat. Digging in Section 7 at 9:30a is going to blow big time.
Many many times if you make a break it makes more sense to run it in reverse. But when we first got it I would drive all of the way back and start it in order. Racked up unnecessary miles but my trace was 97-98%

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Lol not a lot of guys in my center pay much attention to things like prime day. Hoping to take a couple of 8 hour requests.

upsgrunt

I turn it off every morning, but several months ago they pounded me on a Monday and I vowed to run it 100%. I did, but was 62 miles over their plan. Not a word was said about it, but my dispatch went down after that.

ups1990

Seems like Orion has taken a backpage to telematics. In our center we haven't heard a word concerning trace or over-allowed. It's much easier to not show up on reports for seat belt infractions and recording while traveling than following Orion at 85%. Maybe, maybe, maybe the writing is on the wall as it relates to trace.

Super Powers

Orion is so bad you'll swear a classroom of kindergartners has been hired by UPS to implement the Orion solutions each day. I find myself scrolling through my EDD and laughing out loud at the ODO each day. Maybe I'll follow it one day if I have an 8 hour that I want to make a 9 hour day instead.