Orlando -what is going on?

• Thread starter dont want to be known
  • Start date

wornoutupser

You may be interested to know that one building in the Orlando division (extended center) just went to a 9:30 start time as of today. They blame OIA for not getting the airs out of the airport. They will be out past dark even later!

pkg-king

Like I said earlier we can't go over 9.5 hrs, even this month. This is the case ever since we went to pas/edd. If drivers are not in min/max range they pull the stops and build a split for a pt cover driver to run,they won't send us out over dispatched. The stories you guys are telling about staying out until 8 or 9 oclock or later remind of the old days 15-20 years ago when they didn't care how late you stayed out. Honestly, things have changed quite a bit here in recent years.

satellitedriver

Like I said earlier we can't go over 9.5 hrs, even this month. This is the case ever since we went to pas/edd. If drivers are not in min/max range they pull the stops and build a split for a pt cover driver to run,they won't send us out over dispatched. The stories you guys are telling about staying out until 8 or 9 oclock or later remind of the old days 15-20 years ago when they didn't care how late you stayed out. Honestly, things have changed quite a bit here in recent years.
The times have changed here also.
20yrs ago, no one worked over 9.5, except for the last two weeks of peak.
I was hired in August 1986, as temporary peak help.
I repeat, August.
Now, the temps are hired at the last minute.
My average day is now 9.5hrs to 10hrs year round.
Pas/Edd has only increased my paycheck and work load.
PAX