Over 70’s being disciplined

OrionsBitch

Not...
I don’t care about extra work I can’t yell you how many times I’ve worked over 60hrs a week.. they just send a supervisor with me and have me be driver helper for 4 hours that way my dot isn’t violated. I’m Also one of the only drivers whose 8hr gets violated..

I get paid for my 20 just not my 30.. and if skip out on my lunch and clock out it’ll have more stops the next day and just lost 30mins of pay

I’m local 344
Lay your cart on the bumper and push the box off. A cart is a lever. And the angle of the cart from the bumper to the ground is roughly 45 degrees. That means when you go to pick it up (assuming weight is distributed evenly throughout package) it would be like lifting a 35lb package...

If it was a 150lb snow plow that moved around and there wasn't a good way to load it on a cart sure....call for help. But it was a square box....tip it over let gravity take effect.

You sound like a big cry baby. I bet you move stuff at your house like that all the time. Or did you have your wife bring the fridge in?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I take all my breaks and lunch at end of day unless I’m told I need to go help a driver then I take it after my last stop..

Is that in your supplement? Lunch between the 4th and the 6th or do you just conveniently ignore that part of the contract. My hope is your rehab is long and painful its called KARMA! P.S. you won't be getting $$ either so lawyer up.

Socrates

You sound like a big cry baby. I bet you move stuff at your house like that all the time. Or did you have your wife bring the fridge in?
What kind of backwards hick town do you live in? Most new and existing houses for sale already have appliances in them. And if they don't, you buy from a company like Best Buy and it includes delivery.

If OP wants to follow the rules, they should. Drivers like you - the truly weak ones, who allow the company to violate whatever rules they want to, as long as your paycheck is the right amount - are the reason we are going to end up with a 2nd vote on a contract that is 100% the same. They know that drivers like you are weak, clueless, have no resolve, no courage, no integrity, and you just want your $$/back-pay and that's it.

Grow a spine before you try giving other drivers advice. Or just go into management, then you won't need a spine.....because you can just order around spineless drivers like you who don't have one either.

MrBrown

I'm gonna catch flak but my last stop tonight was a 96 pound pkg. Missed it earlier in the day as mngmt sent me a message and bricked my diad. In a 1200 heavy industrial route. On the way back to the building I stopped, picked it up and delivered to their back porch. But I'm not a pusillanimous. Ymmv

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I agree with you.....guys who are like this are nothing more than ambulance chasing employees. They're like Biblical Phrases.....running around with the contract in hands, skimming the fine print to find some vague word to file a grievance, piss everyone off, inconvenience other employees etc. As you've said, are you there to work? Or are you there to file grievances.....sounds like he needs a different job.

The contract is there for big things and big trends. If a supervisor helps break a package jam on the conveyor belt or picks up a box that fell off the belt it would be ridiculous to file a grievance. If supervisors are loading trucks every day and not hiring employees then that is when a grievance should be filed.

And you don’t think the company is running around with the contract in hands skimming the fine print to find some vague word to fire people?

Oceanview

I have a few questions.

Was it an OMS that you talked to ?

They aren't management.

There used to be a non-delivery exception in the diad for over-70's.

If not, it's missed with over-70 lbs in the remarks column.

You should have ignored that.

If the company feels the need to talk with an employee, it's their obligation to

come find the employee and Steward.

Your center manager punked you.

I can see where this is going.

Coincidence.... Or, bad circumstances ?

How about an update.... as the case progresses ?

-Bug-

I can update you as it progresses.. and I would say coincidence

OrionsBitch

Not...
What kind of backwards hick town do you live in? Most new and existing houses for sale already have appliances in them. And if they don't, you buy from a company like Best Buy and it includes delivery.

If OP wants to follow the rules, they should. Drivers like you - the truly weak ones, who allow the company to violate whatever rules they want to, as long as your paycheck is the right amount - are the reason we are going to end up with a 2nd vote on a contract that is 100% the same. They know that drivers like you are weak, clueless, have no resolve, no courage, no integrity, and you just want your $$/back-pay and that's it.

Grow a spine before you try giving other drivers advice. Or just go into management, then you won't need a spine.....because you can just order around spineless drivers like you who don't have one either.
I voted no on the contract. I don't allow the company to violate rules. Honestly my center is pretty good about it. If I'm getting excessive overtime and I'm in the 9.5 list I walk in the office. Sit down with my manager and talk to him like a man with respect and tell him that I don't appreciate the 12 hours days every day of the week. 9/10 times my hours are reduced.

Being a cry baby and trying to constantly catch management in techincalities won't earn you respect. It makes them hate you. I've never had to file a grievance. I've had heated discussions with management sure. But 90% of the time the situation is solved without even needing a steward.

At the end if the day the job needs done. You know what you signed up for. So either quit bitching and do the job or go somewhere else. The fact that you think you should request help to move a 70lb package day after day is ridiculous. One your screwing your fellow drivers. (I'd kick your ass if you were my loop partner) two it's a package delivery job.

The only reason that stupid "ask for help" clause exists is because of ambulance chasing g employees, lawyers, and OSHA regulations.

Be a man.

OrionsBitch

Not...
And you don’t think the company is running around with the contract in hands skimming the fine print to find some vague word to fire people?

They do that to people who constantly poke the bear. I don't know any managers who try to ruin the lives of good hard working g employees who work hard, don't complain, and do the intended job.

It's a two way street in my opinion. Yeah there are some real :censored2: managers. I get that. I've seen it etc. But 80% of the hostility in the UPS workplace could be avoided if people didn't seek it out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
705F5CD5-80BF-4F8C-87F9-0F2715D4E9E3.gif
I voted no on the contract. I don't allow the company to violate rules. Honestly my center is pretty good about it. If I'm getting excessive overtime and I'm in the 9.5 list I walk in the office. Sit down with my manager and talk to him like a man with respect and tell him that I don't appreciate the 12 hours days every day of the week. 9/10 times my hours are reduced.

Being a cry baby and trying to constantly catch management in techincalities won't earn you respect. It makes them hate you. I've never had to file a grievance. I've had heated discussions with management sure. But 90% of the time the situation is solved without even needing a steward.

At the end if the day the job needs done. You know what you signed up for. So either quit bitching and do the job or go somewhere else. The fact that you think you should request help to move a 70lb package day after day is ridiculous. One your screwing your fellow drivers. (I'd kick your ass if you were my loop partner) two it's a package delivery job.

The only reason that stupid "ask for help" clause exists is because of ambulance chasing g employees, lawyers, and OSHA regulations.

Be a man.

Oceanview

Be a man.

That’s you, I’ll continue to ask for help thanks for the input brutha!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is that in your supplement? Lunch between the 4th and the 6th or do you just conveniently ignore that part of the contract. My hope is your rehab is long and painful its called KARMA! P.S. you won't be getting $$ either so lawyer up.

I should have read through the whole thread before I responded to the OP.

Looks like you already pointed out that he actually does not do everything by the book.

WTFm8

That’s not following the methods.. I follow all the methods

Flipping/sliding packages IS one of the methods in proper lifting/lowering... “use equipment of facitlities to assist”. Slide and/or roll it back the package car onto the handcart then take it to customer.