Over 70’s being disciplined

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Ya it’s completely bull even though I posted the pictures of Diad message.. I’ll let you know how it goes after my grievances are heard and I contact a lawyer..

I believe it, but my point is to be careful.

It's hard to do everything by the book and UPS will be looking.

Oceanview

I believe it, but my point is to be careful.

It's hard to do everything by the book and UPS will be looking.

Rumors going around my center that I’m going to be gone by Jan 1st lol. I know most of you believe I’ll be out by then but truth be told if I didn’t cover my ass I would have been gone along time ago.

Socrates

At the end if the day the job needs done. You know what you signed up for. So either quit bitching and do the job or go somewhere else. The fact that you think you should request help to move a 70lb package day after day is ridiculous. One your screwing your fellow drivers. (I'd kick your ass if you were my loop partner) two it's a package delivery job.

The only reason that stupid "ask for help" clause exists is because of ambulance chasing g employees, lawyers, and OSHA regulations.

Be a man.

1) I have never asked for help delivering a package. I once had a 140lb furniture to a 4th floor apartment. Deep breath, on the shoulder, walk it up the stairs. Wouldn't fit on a hand-cart if I wanted to.

2) Oh hunnie, you wouldn't kick my ass. I would crush your hand if you even waved your finger in my face. (Insert Navy Seal copypasta here). People like you are the worst because you huff and puff but at the end of the day, you wouldn't bust a grape in a food fight - not on UPS property, not off property either. All bluff and no stuff.

3) You are not the arbiter of what is and isn't a "man" - being that you are a weasel and a politician. My center has lots of drivers like you, mostly in their late 20s/early 30s. You piss and moan and berate Management/Dispatch until you have a gravy route and people like me - who just show up and do the job, never file grievances, never call in sick, don't complain about add/cuts on other loops, nothing - we get YOUR bull:censored2: piled on us over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until we finally reach our breaking point and we are FORCED to put our feet down and demand changes.

Some of us do this by talking directly to management; some of us talk through an intermediary (shop steward); still others of us go through the grievance procedure. You are a turncoat and not a real Teamster if you would sit there with that stupid, smug look on your face, and insult YOUR co-workers - who are, possibly, not the confrontational type yet have a manipulative, weasel, gaslighting building manager that only manipulative, weasel, gaslighting employees (COUGH COUGH) are very effective at dealing with. If the Teamsters/UPS didn't want the grievance procedure to be available to us, then it would not be in the contract. It is. So employees will continue to use it, despite backstabbing traitors like you insulting and ridiculing them for it.

You need to go back through and read the contract - specifically, the part about where drivers are to have their capabilities and performance judged INDIVIDUALLY, not on a collective basis, and WITH REGARD TO their current physical condition and limitations. It does not matter if 48/50 drivers can deliver 100lb packages up 3 flights of stairs without help. If 2/50 cannot, then those 2 out of 50 need to receive help to do so. Period. Not every driver is a 26-year-old fat, greasy powerlifter with no regard for their well-being 20 or 30 or even 5 years from now.

Don't like it? Then YOU are the one who needs to switch jobs. You already have one foot out the door with your bootlicking, company-friendly sentiments and browbeating your so-called Brothers and Sisters.

OrionsBitch

Not...
1) I have never asked for help delivering a package. I once had a 140lb furniture to a 4th floor apartment. Deep breath, on the shoulder, walk it up the stairs. Wouldn't fit on a hand-cart if I wanted to.

2) Oh hunnie, you wouldn't kick my ass. I would crush your hand if you even waved your finger in my face. (Insert Navy Seal copypasta here). People like you are the worst because you huff and puff but at the end of the day, you wouldn't bust a grape in a food fight - not on UPS property, not off property either. All bluff and no stuff.

3) You are not the arbiter of what is and isn't a "man" - being that you are a weasel and a politician. My center has lots of drivers like you, mostly in their late 20s/early 30s. You piss and moan and berate Management/Dispatch until you have a gravy route and people like me - who just show up and do the job, never file grievances, never call in sick, don't complain about add/cuts on other loops, nothing - we get YOUR bull:censored2: piled on us over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until we finally reach our breaking point and we are FORCED to put our feet down and demand changes.

Some of us do this by talking directly to management; some of us talk through an intermediary (shop steward); still others of us go through the grievance procedure. You are a turncoat and not a real Teamster if you would sit there with that stupid, smug look on your face, and insult YOUR co-workers - who are, possibly, not the confrontational type yet have a manipulative, weasel, gaslighting building manager that only manipulative, weasel, gaslighting employees (COUGH COUGH) are very effective at dealing with. If the Teamsters/UPS didn't want the grievance procedure to be available to us, then it would not be in the contract. It is. So employees will continue to use it, despite backstabbing traitors like you insulting and ridiculing them for it.

You need to go back through and read the contract - specifically, the part about where drivers are to have their capabilities and performance judged INDIVIDUALLY, not on a collective basis, and WITH REGARD TO their current physical condition and limitations. It does not matter if 48/50 drivers can deliver 100lb packages up 3 flights of stairs without help. If 2/50 cannot, then those 2 out of 50 need to receive help to do so. Period. Not every driver is a 26-year-old fat, greasy powerlifter with no regard for their well-being 20 or 30 or even 5 years from now.

Don't like it? Then YOU are the one who needs to switch jobs. You already have one foot out the door with your bootlicking, company-friendly sentiments and browbeating your so-called Brothers and Sisters.

Yeah me, the one who performs the job function I SIGNED UP FOR needs to get a new job. :censored2: off snowflake.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
can everyone on this thread just mind their own damn business. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is to drag every billionare into the bot... Er I mean work within your means and give each other some space.

Not b* about how much/little everyone else does.

Socrates

Yeah me, the one who performs the job function I SIGNED UP FOR needs to get a new job. :censored2: off snowflake.

Sorry I hurt your feelings, sweety. :people_crybaby:

Again - you are not impressing anyone by just "doing the job" and not ever filing any grievances. I'm in the same boat - good for us. 10+ years with no grievances. Supervisors routinely do work right in front of me and don't even bother reciting the "I'm just doing a demonstration, heh heh" because they know I don't care. Let's just get done and go home.

But I am not everyone, and neither are you. We both reserve the right to file grievances, with or without prior consultation with management. The machinery is there for a reason, whether you get butthurt about it or not. What you feel in your ano-vaginal area is inconsequential.

If it bothers you that much, join management. Otherwise, shut the :censored2: up and let UPSers do what they've been doing for decades before you ever started Driving, and will be doing for decades after you stop Driving.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Sorry I hurt your feelings, sweety. :people_crybaby:

Again - you are not impressing anyone by just "doing the job" and not ever filing any grievances. I'm in the same boat - good for us. 10+ years with no grievances. Supervisors routinely do work right in front of me and don't even bother reciting the "I'm just doing a demonstration, heh heh" because they know I don't care. Let's just get done and go home.

But I am not everyone, and neither are you. We both reserve the right to file grievances, with or without prior consultation with management. The machinery is there for a reason, whether you get butthurt about it or not. What you feel in your ano-vaginal area is inconsequential.

If it bothers you that much, join management. Otherwise, shut the :censored2: up and let UPSers do what they've been doing for decades before you ever started Driving, and will be doing for decades after you stop Driving.
People poking the bear affects sentiment towards other drivers. It affects customer service...etc. as I mentioned in a post before. I'm not against greivances. But I am against people who file in ridiculous things.

Socrates

can everyone on this thread just mind their own damn business. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is to drag every billionare into the bot... Er I mean work within your means and give each other some space. Not b* about how much/little everyone else does.

The only people who need to mind their own business are those complaining that OP likes to file grievances. Good for him. If management doesn't like it, they can stop violating the contract. They only routinely violate because we have so many drivers who generally don't care (including yours truly) - but violating the contract is not a right, it's a privilege; one that can be revoked, at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all.

I will always, every single time, back a coworker filing a grievance over management, and never talk :censored2: about them behind their back - that's even IF the mirror situation happens to me and I brush it off. You don't know their individual situation, at home, at work, with their children's health, their parent's health, finances, mental health issues, nerve damage, asthma, fibromyalgia, PTSD - none of us have the complete book on each of our coworkers.

Follow the contract and the rest will work itself out. If you can't handle that - if you can't handle being a team player, and you believe the company is more important than the workers - then join management. Or quit.

Socrates

People poking the bear affects sentiment towards other drivers. It affects customer service...etc. as I mentioned in a post before. I'm not against greivances. But I am against people who file in ridiculous things.
There is no such thing as a "ridiculous" grievance, and even if there were, YOU would not be the arbiter of that. If someone filed 50 grievances, and 49 of them were thrown out, they would probably stop filing...right? But if they file 100 of them and 60, 70, 85 of them are upheld, then they're probably on the right track.....RIGHT?

Don't like it? Quit, go to Law School and become an Arbitrator so you can finally fulfill your dream role of judging UPS-Teamster Arbitration cases - and then you can chastise all the Drivers you want, with my full support. Until then, literally everything out of your mouth just keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper, exposing your complete disregard for the health and well-being of your co-workers.

OrionsBitch

Not...
There is no such thing as a "ridiculous" grievance, and even if there were, YOU would not be the arbiter of that. If someone filed 50 grievances, and 49 of them were thrown out, they would probably stop filing...right? But if they file 100 of them and 60, 70, 85 of them are upheld, then they're probably on the right track.....RIGHT?

Don't like it? Quit, go to Law School and become an Arbitrator so you can finally fulfill your dream role of judging UPS-Teamster Arbitration cases - and then you can chastise all the Drivers you want, with my full support. Until then, literally everything out of your mouth just keeps digging the hole deeper and deeper, exposing your complete disregard for the health and well-being of your co-workers.
So you think it's justified to file a grievance on a sup who picks up a box that falls off the belt and outs it back on?

You think it's justifiable to file on a supervisor who brings out a med package on route to a driver when there are no other drivers available and the customer needs it pronto?

Ok....

km3

Who isn't performing the job they signed up for? Even the HR application website says you need to be able to handle "UP TO" 70 lbs on your own. And the contract which UPS and the IBT signed, says employees cannot be forced to handle an over 70 alone without help if it is their good faith belief that it could lead to injury.

Except for taking lunch at the improper time, I haven't read anything that would indicate anyone here isn't doing the job they signed up for.

Socrates

That last post wasn't very constructive, I ignored the first part:

People poking the bear affects sentiment towards other drivers. It affects customer service...etc. as I mentioned in a post before.

If management cannot find, or is unwilling to hire, train and deploy enough workers to meet service demands while following the letter of the Contract and all Supplements/Riders (that THEY agreed to!), then perhaps they need to stop hoarding billions in profit each year, and do a better job of servicing our Customers.

You do not get to send preloaders home early - then have Supervisors finish wrapping up trucks, processing add-cuts, etc. Keep Teamsters around as long as Teamster work is available. Not a hard concept to grasp. I should not see hordes of people walking out of the building, then go to my truck, and see giant piles of :censored2: waiting to be loaded and Irreg trains driving all around. If "Unload" is done - have them shag Irregs and help with boxlines until all the :censored2: is done. Stop paying me $50/hour to stand around when you have $10/hour workers walking out the door.

You do not get to purposely understaff centers, and refuse to cross-train drivers on multiple routes and areas, and then just send supervisors out to do routes on a heavy day. Hire the drivers, train the drivers, cross-train the drivers - better to be caught with than without. Train Utility drivers if you have to. Give them a big fat weekly bonus like you do preloaders and other new hires.

You do not get to refuse to hire more drivers, "schedule" a driver to work Saturday (not telling him/her of this until Friday night as they're punching out - and then threaten to suspend/fire them if they don't show up. You know the rules. :censored2:ing follow them. 24 hours notice. If you have any doubt whatsoever in your mind, then schedule them. If they show up Saturday any way, even if you don't need them, ask for volunteer(s) to go home. If not, at least you showed initiative instead of purposely waiting until the last moment to try to :censored2: them over.

Shall I go on? Do I really need to go on? Most of this grievance :censored2: is not hard to tackle - Management just doesn't want to. They're busy licking ass of the next person in the chain of command. But blaming us Teamsters because Management does a piss-poor job of planning and honoring their contractual obligations, that's just bad form.

If someone takes a lunch break at 4:30pm, causing a service failure on a closed business, I'm right there with you. But supervisors working, help with over 70, continual harassment/targeting/micromanagement, nah. File file file. If Management doesn't like it they can (you guessed it) QUIT. Or at least, move to some other part of the company where they no longer have to interface with Labor, and can just do their Weasel-Politician thing and get any troublemakers transferred or fired.

OrionsBitch

Not...
That last post wasn't very constructive, I ignored the first part:

If management cannot find, or is unwilling to hire, train and deploy enough workers to meet service demands while following the letter of the Contract and all Supplements/Riders (that THEY agreed to!), then perhaps they need to stop hoarding billions in profit each year, and do a better job of servicing our Customers.

You do not get to send preloaders home early - then have Supervisors finish wrapping up trucks, processing add-cuts, etc. Keep Teamsters around as long as Teamster work is available. Not a hard concept to grasp. I should not see hordes of people walking out of the building, then go to my truck, and see giant piles of :censored2: waiting to be loaded and Irreg trains driving all around. If "Unload" is done - have them shag Irregs and help with boxlines until all the :censored2: is done. Stop paying me $50/hour to stand around when you have $10/hour workers walking out the door.

You do not get to purposely understaff centers, and refuse to cross-train drivers on multiple routes and areas, and then just send supervisors out to do routes on a heavy day. Hire the drivers, train the drivers, cross-train the drivers - better to be caught with than without. Train Utility drivers if you have to. Give them a big fat weekly bonus like you do preloaders and other new hires.

You do not get to refuse to hire more drivers, "schedule" a driver to work Saturday (not telling him/her of this until Friday night as they're punching out - and then threaten to suspend/fire them if they don't show up. You know the rules. :censored2:ing follow them. 24 hours notice. If you have any doubt whatsoever in your mind, then schedule them. If they show up Saturday any way, even if you don't need them, ask for volunteer(s) to go home. If not, at least you showed initiative instead of purposely waiting until the last moment to try to :censored2: them over.

Shall I go on? Do I really need to go on? Most of this grievance :censored2: is not hard to tackle - Management just doesn't want to. They're busy licking ass of the next person in the chain of command. But blaming us Teamsters because Management does a piss-poor job of planning and honoring their contractual obligations, that's just bad form.

If someone takes a lunch break at 4:30pm, causing a service failure on a closed business, I'm right there with you. But supervisors working, help with over 70, continual harassment/targeting/micromanagement, nah. File file file. If Management doesn't like it they can (you guessed it) QUIT. Or at least, move to some other part of the company where they no longer have to interface with Labor, and can just do their Weasel-Politician thing and get any troublemakers transferred or fired.
You're talking about issues that aren't even related to the discussion...

Socrates

So you think it's justified to file a grievance on a sup who picks up a box that falls off the belt and outs it back on?

You think it's justifiable to file on a supervisor who brings out a med package on route to a driver when there are no other drivers available and the customer needs it pronto?

Ok....

1) "Hey Greg, can you please come over here and get this box? I'm not allowed to pick it up. Yeah, I know, it's dumb, but I've already had 10 grievances filed on me. Trust me, I think it's just as stupid as you do, but rules are rules." -- Was that that hard? Nope. If you have a good rapport with those you supervise (bring them treats, Gatorade, text them memes?) you may get to the point where you can just call out a name and look at a box, and they'll come do what you need without you even asking.

2) Grab a pre-loader/twilight, drive out, drive back. Give the pre-loader driver/utility wages, or whatever they're entitled to. Problem solved. It's only ever an issue because Management has such a trash relationship with drivers that they can't sweet-talk anyone into driving back out and delivering stuff, including medicine.

2a) If it's really that important, and there were enough :censored2:-ups already that it didn't get attempted/delivered, UPS should be happy to pay out any grievance to the affected Driver while having a Sup drive out and deliver it. Good customer service, right?

You're making this way too easy for me, I need a challenge.

Socrates

You're talking about issues that aren't even related to the discussion...

Oh really? Let's review

OrionsBitch said:
People poking the bear affects sentiment towards other drivers. It affects customer service...etc. as I mentioned in a post before.

Socrates said:

Pretty simple stuff to follow along with, my guy. You are concerned with grievances affecting service; I am explaining to you that Management deliberately under-staffing operations does much more to undermine good service than does a handful of workers being a little overzealous with their grievance-filings.

Maybe during your lunch breaks - inbetween running off your route and skipping your breaks - you should read some Plato, or some other Philosophy, and work on your argumentation skills. You are :censored2:ing terrible at this. Everything you say is just sorry, poor judgment, poor logic full of gaping holes. You move the goalposts every other statement. You're just piss-poor at this. You should either stop talking or go borrow a friend or something, and maybe the two of you combined can make me break a (light) sweat.

Oceanview

I see I’m not the only one who comes on here to blow off steam.. imma continue to file grievances. Following methods, my taking my 50 at the center shouldn’t be an issue considering 1/3 of my center does it. We have about 135-37 ft drivers. union meeting in July said 122 and since then we’ve hired on about 15 or so.