Over/Under Dispatch numbers

Dr.Brownz

As others have said don't worry about the numbers. The only way you can meet those standards is by skipping breaks and working through lunch. I knew a guy who took an hour lunch so he could sort for an hour without it showing up on the time clock. Dumb as hell and he set an unfair standard which they then tried to hold new drivers too. Take your breaks and lunch. Do not work off the clock.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Go ahead and run to make your numbers or whatever you do. I don't worry about it. Maybe if the route has a fair time study but those seem to be non-existent where and am.

I work at a brisk pace and always take my full lunch and break. Granted, I may not take them as directed in the contract, but I do take them.

Overpaid Union Thug

Been running a bulk truck after preload that is greatly spread out but none the less about a half days work according to the dispatch plan. Being that its a bulk truck and i dont have any airs dispatched to me, they tend to give me airs that other drivers say they cant make.

Which i could careless bc im one of the newer drivers and im familiar w/ the airs that they give me. More stops more money. But any ways that tacks on 45 mins of work thats not accounted for in my dispatch. Then after i finish my bulk truck between 12-2pm depending on how heavy, and the load of the truck. They call me and tell me to meet up w/ a driver and get some stops off him.
(His delivery area is about 20 mins from mine) as im on the way to him i get a message telling me to grab two misloads from another driver. Not to mention i had 2 misloads myself that they told me to run. I get about 15 stops from the driver i orginally met up with and have to go in the total opposite direction to meet the driver w/ misloads. I was working as instructed and made service on all pkgs.
This morning dispatch and my ORS came to me and asked me what happened. Said i was over by 2 hrs. The ORS who told me to grab the misloads and help the driver "forgot" to mention that he had me doing all these things. Sorry for the long story but my question is when you help a driver, run airs not dispatched to you, and run misloads does it or does it not screw up your numbers? We get credit for the stops but if the route is already dispatched for a certain amount of work and they clearly added to the day how can they come to me about numbers?
While i dont care about numbers i do not want my name being tainted bc im a new driver and im one of those ppl that has a great work ethic.
You should NEVER worry about numbers but even if you did a bulk route is never fair in that regard. Just ask most mall route drivers.

wayfair

swollen member
If the shipper is finished for the day I will run and print EOD myself.

I quit doing that years ago. A business owner asked why I didn't do that anymore and I told him it was his shipping/receiving guy's responsibility to do it.
He then said " you must be Union"
I then told him, "you don't pay me to do your employees' job"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I quit doing that years ago. A business owner asked why I didn't do that anymore and I told him it was his shipping/receiving guy's responsibility to do it.

I don't mind running the EOD every once in a while but would also refuse to do it on a daily basis.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don't mind running the EOD every once in a while but would also refuse to do it on a daily basis.
Yea.......because clicking one button on a computer screen is so difficult. Come on. But on topic, I haven't looked at a report in over 2 years. Someone brought one to my attention the other day asking about a time card question. I glanced at my name. 2 hours over. Lmfao. It's all a joke!

Dr.Brownz

Yea.......because clicking one button on a computer screen is so difficult. Come on. But on topic, I haven't looked at a report in over 2 years. Someone brought one to my attention the other day asking about a time card question. I glanced at my name. 2 hours over. Lmfao. It's all a joke!

And then when something gets :censored2:ed up on the EOD it's your fault

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If their computer is sitting right there with Worldship already on it, I don't see the problem in clicking on the "end of day" icon if the shipper hasn't done it yet.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Printing out a customers end of day isn't your job, so why do it? Are they going to do your COD turn in at the end of the day?

Two funny examples:

1- Doing a Macy's pickup at a mall where they would send out hundreds of packages daily, and you had to go down 3 floors to reach the PC to load. If there was no EOD, I took each piece and scanned and loaded it (slowly). On the 3rd day there were 3 EOD's on the counter with a note for me to sign them. I refused. Next day they had someone there to "encourage"me to sign them. She said I HAD to sign the prior days paperwork. I told her I wouldn't. She goes on to tell me they NEED them signed in case they get audited (internally). I told her if it was ready when I pick up, I'll sign it. Otherwise, tough luck.

2- Another department store had a dock pickup and an optical dept pickup. I'd do the dock pickup, and when I went into the optical they had a box, standing up flaps open. I asked if they have anything ready and the girl says yes. I asked where, and she pointed to said box. I told her she needed to seal it. "Well, the other guy closes it for us", "Good to know, I'm not the other guy".

She stopped arguing and their packages would be late being sent out because she expected me to do her job. I don't ask you to run stops for me while I bs with co workers, so shut your mouth for 30 seconds, seal the box and avoid an argument (which I always won)