Overgoods - missing or duplicate labels

oldngray

nowhere special
I wish this is the case, so that sender can realize the mistake and fix it immediately.
Unfortunately, as someone else has pointed out, not all packages get scanned during pickups
Very few packages get scanned during pickups. Not part of the driver's job. They first get scanned after they are unloaded at the center.

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Eventually, it should go to a clerk first who would attempt to contact the shipper, failing that, overgoods

Honestly OP stop being sketchy as :censored2:, if your shipments are constantly going to overgoods you're screwing up your labels really badly or just trying to scam us
Agree with your last sentence 100%. Sounds like a shipper trying to scam UPS (not saying they are). And all these people giving the shipper info on ways to go about it.

Why did the OP simply not call the 800#?
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.27.37 AM.png

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Sometimes people put pkgs with FedEx or post office labels in the UPS dropbox. Maybe throw those into the ravine for sure.
I had a letterbox pickup once where the box was right next to a FedEx box. People would always put post office packages in it. After about the 100th time of taking them back to the post office or turning them in to the clerk at night, one day I shoved one into the FedEx box. Petty, I know, but I guess I passed my breaking point.

The next day, the package was back in my box, so I figured FedEx played a part in all this. So I shoved it back in the FedEx box. Same thing happened the next day. This went on for about 2 weeks when it was either he or I who went on vacation, I can't remember, and the next time I checked it, it was gone.

We played that game a couple more times until I switched routes.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I had a letterbox pickup once where the box was right next to a FedEx box. People would always put post office packages in it. After about the 100th time of taking them back to the post office or turning them in to the clerk at night, one day I shoved one into the FedEx box. Petty, I know, but I guess I passed my breaking point.

The next day, the package was back in my box, so I figured FedEx played a part in all this. So I shoved it back in the FedEx box. Same thing happened the next day. This went on for about 2 weeks when it was either he or I who went on vacation, I can't remember, and the next time I checked it, it was gone.

We played that game a couple more times until I switched routes.
I’d do the same. Lol

DriverNerd

I wish this is the case, so that sender can realize the mistake and fix it immediately.
Unfortunately, as someone else has pointed out, not all packages get scanned during pickups
Also realize that there is way more scrutiny with international shipments. Multi piece internationals are not even supposed to go through the system unless all packages are accounted for. If the total information of the invoice doesn't match what is being shipped it should be held. A duplicate can be a real problem clearing them for shipment.

Also realize that there is way more scrutiny with international shipments. Multi piece internationals are not even supposed to go through the system unless all packages are accounted for. If the total information of the invoice doesn't match what is being shipped it should be held. A duplicate can be a real problem clearing them for shipment.
This is exactly why I started this thread.

Sending an extra package (or short) can cause trouble in the destination country and so we're trying to figure out the consequences of such rare occurrences.

In some countries, they require all packages in AWB to be present before the customs clearance process can start. And there could be daily warehouse costs until the goods are cleared.