Oversize Boxes...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Seems u be better off in a reach stepvan, I wouldn't mind driving those as well...

I can't post what I Jerry rigged for a bulkhead partition yet until my investors get me a proper vehicle

As far as shutting down traction control, what would be the benefits of doing that? I may have to grab the manual from the glove box while I do a numbah 2

McFeely

Huge Member
Yes, I bash my head on the bulkhead door occasionally and when it is bulked out its a pain to walk thru (what wouldn't be?).... but its better than trying to shove everything in a van or having to rattle around in a reach.

As much as I hate my Reach, losing 4' of shelving in a Sprinter where the sliding door is kills my loading/organization.

On Saturdays, a Sprinter is perfect. Hell, even the little GMC vans are even better with SDR freight in my opinion.

bacha29

I read that shipping them in a box yields cheaper rates... plus, it's easier to make walls out of them in a trailer for transit.

I had a set of tire-rim assemblies in a box & figured out that was the main reason, so it can be stacked easily on a trailer.

Today I had a downpipe with a welded catalytic converter in a huge box the size of jabba the hut.

tumblr_noh1bxiAJt1uul194o3_540.gif

They didn't bother me this time since I had 149 other boxes to cram into this "short bus" of a cargo van
Sounds to me like you work for a typical investor class contractor. They dump all the everyday duties of a route contractor on to you while they just sit back and count the money

Star B

White Lightening
As far as shutting down traction control, what would be the benefits of doing that? I may have to grab the manual from the glove box while I do a numbah 2

The sprinters seem to have two forms of traction control. "Here, let me assist you slightly" and "OH :censored2: I THINK YOUR GOING TO CRASH SO IM GOING TO KILL ALL POWER AND IGNORE YOUR FOOT ON THE FLOOR"

Der Sprinter gets it right about 95% of the time. The other 5% are the times where you need to just take control so you can power through what you are doing. There was one time I had to blow a stop sign to get on a highway because every single time I went up the hill and stopped for the sign, I couldn't get started again because it kept limiting the power and I kept sliding back toward the ditch. If it would have just applied the power like I was telling it to, I would have been able to get moving again.

Star B

White Lightening
"Can you drive?"
"Can you breathe?"
"Can you pass a background check?"
AAALLLLRIGHT PAPA SMITH IS COMING HOME NOW BEND OVER.

OrioN

Am I the only one who looks forward to large packages?

Heh, don't u drive with a p1000? So no worries for u

In my area, all brownies are in p500, p700, sprinter, dodge promaster, Ford transit, and a smaller cargo van or transit connect

OrioN

Um... I'm a bigger guy and my two gripes about the Sprinter are the step height and the fact that you can't grab the slide door handle and have it automatically unlock from the inside.
Step height not as bad as the Ford boxtrucks,; that rear step height is way taller than the gmc and sprinter counterparts

Yes, I bash my head on the bulkhead door occasionally and when it is bulked out its a pain to walk thru (what wouldn't be?).... but its better than trying to shove everything in a van or having to rattle around in a reach.

When I'm that bulked out from floor to ceiling, that pass thru stays shut. My Jerry rigged partition is permanent on my rental, so I can't organize my load that way.

And I load up a certain way to either work out the side door or the rear swing doors, which cuts productivity, but it's a non issue since my rural stops take time just traversing the dirt or gravel driveways

Sweet, I have a back-up camera, so my backing into driveways are easier. When I double honk as I back, my head is on a swivel, scanning all mirrors & this camera
IMG_20170121_190257.jpg

OrioN

IMG_20170721_112632.jpg

Lovesac can suck my ballsac... a 14 bulk box sectional sofa for one resis location. Geezus, I thought this was gonna be diverted to ground since he had the bigger truck than my minivan of a package car.

Took half of my van & I was smart enough to preload that stop as one of my first of the day, so I won't be climbing around them all day long.

Phoned that customer too, so he actually was gonna help unload it.

What's the package count bonus for this one stop, btw?

It will be fine

View attachment 146400

Lovesac can suck my ballsac... a 14 bulk box sectional sofa for one resis location. Geezus, I thought this was gonna be diverted to ground since he had the bigger truck than my minivan of a package car.

Took half of my van & I was smart enough to preload that stop as one of my first of the day, so I won't be climbing around them all day long.

Phoned that customer too, so he actually was gonna help unload it.

What's the package count bonus for this one stop, btw?
14 pieces would be an extra $1.40. Totally worth it.

BootsOnTarmac

OrioN -

You really need to look at moving to Express.

Considering your work ethic and attitude the Express side needs you, you will be better compensated for your efforts to deliver, in my opinion.