Owed Vacation pay after retirement

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
My retirement date was 11/15/2020. Does anyone know how long it takes until I get paid for Vacation time I have accrued this year for next year?
On aside note for all who are getting ready to retire. The most true statement I heard during my preparation for retirement was “You will think you are the first person to ever retire from UPS” The information, disinformation and no information is mind numbing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My retirement date was 11/15/2020. Does anyone know how long it takes until I get paid for Vacation time I have accrued this year for next year?
On aside note for all who are getting ready to retire. The most true statement I heard during my preparation for retirement was “You will think you are the first person to ever retire from UPS” The information, disinformation and no information is mind numbing.

Think I would have figured this out before my last day

Good Luck

Shiftless

We told you they would be clueless and mystified about your specific retirement!

I have been gone too long to really know why you haven't been paid or when you will.

When I left, I was paid out completely. BUT! We still had a payroll clerk in the building and although direct deposit,
I had a GIANT stack of weekly pay stubs (check's you couldn't cash LOL) handed to me after the retirement party along with the retirement gifts I was given and all the employees I knew over the years stopping by to say goodbye to me the day I retired.

Yes! Apparently I worked in the so called Golden years. I guess now it's A LOT DIFFERENT?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I retired on 5/29, got my vacation payout on 6/19.
I guess places are different because retirement around here went pretty smooth for me and everybody I talked to.

Darmark7

I guess places are different because retirement around here went pretty smooth for me and everybody I talked to.
Thanks for the information instead of just a smart ass remark as some seem to have to do. I heard so many different answers to the point that I didn’t know what to believe but I knew I was going to retire on 11/15/20 and nothing was going to stop me. If vacation pay makes a difference in someone retiring or not then they shouldn’t retire. I was just Interested in when I might get the payout. Thanks again for your info.

It's pretty much the same way here.
Everyone that I have talked to when the retired said the got their payout in about 2 weeks

Next day air and it was a live check, not direct deposit.

quad decade guy

Thanks for the information instead of just a smart ass remark as some seem to have to do. I heard so many different answers to the point that I didn’t know what to believe but I knew I was going to retire on 11/15/20 and nothing was going to stop me. If vacation pay makes a difference in someone retiring or not then they shouldn’t retire. I was just Interested in when I might get the payout. Thanks again for your info.
With all respect, you asked this question to the folks that administered your retirement? and the answer was? If none, you left it to chance? You will get smart ass remarks from the same folks regardless. Some justified, some just mean and hateful. Now about your situation. I asked the same question. Never got a straight answer. I know folks who take all their vacations at the start of the year, then retire and get their first check. Lot of ways to do this and the reasons very from helpful to spiteful( like they are sticking it to the company one last time). Shrug. It seems you should be paid in full the day you "retire". But could see it deferred till vacations are paid off in Jan. some time for current employees.

Darmark7

Well I finally seen on UPSers.com under view paycheck that I have a $10,500 check for my 6 weeks pay that was added to my list of previous paychecks so I went to my checking account where my checks are direct deposited and guess what? Nothing in my checking account. Next I call my UPS office and am told they must have a live check at the office so I went down there today and guess what? No check there! So now they say ”Well they must be sending the check in the mail”. I sure wish I wasn’t the first person to have ever retire from UPS! 😡

Darmark7

Final update: Mystery finally solved! 2 weeks after my 6 weeks Vacation pay stub showed up on UPSers.com it is finally in my hands. The check was shipped next day air to the center and I picked it up today.

Shiftless

Final update: Mystery finally solved! 2 weeks after my 6 weeks Vacation pay stub showed up on UPSers.com it is finally in my hands. The check was shipped next day air to the center and I picked it up today.
Now that is exciting!

Can't wait to here who you are going to donate it to?