Oz vs Vairma

DeCurtis

Why do you think they’ve spent millions on map nav and Orion trying to dumb this job down as much as humanly possible
It wasn’t just for S hits and grins
Not to mention. PVDs and the apps they've developed for them.
You guys really think Sups and PVD drivers are going to get the job done?? They wont even be able to staff the amount required. ORION? lol. Yeah, that'll be a big help to them.

Looks like excuses coming from Teamsters that are too afraid to fight.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You guys really think Sups and PVD drivers are going to get the job done?? They wont even be able to staff the amount required. ORION? lol. Yeah, that'll be a big help to them.

Don’t overvalue yourself. Orion can be adjusted /turned off, they don’t have to deliver every package at first I’d say get over half the volume out with scabs and a strike would lose momentum. A lot of loads already being pulled by gypsies due to inadequate rail removal language. The local small package and TDP pickup volume is probably our biggest leverage. Btw, these guys aren’t afraid to fight, but a strike should not be something talked about in an election year two years before the contract expires.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Or a bean ball dont they like to hit batters. At least the rays think so. I trust our local 705 leader juan campos. He joined with OZ. So my loyalty is with a proven leader. In 705 we got it pretty good. Our business agents are no nonsense.
200.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I say take them on if it comes to that
But, don’t think it’s going to last just a week

DeCurtis

I say take them on if it comes to that
But, don’t think it’s going to last just a week
Well we can be sure that UPS will want to drag it out as long as possible since their pockets go deeper than ours.

The Union did drop the ball here though, because without the PVD drivers and whatnot the company would be helpless right now in the event of a work stoppage.

DeCurtis

Don’t overvalue yourself. Orion can be adjusted /turned off, they don’t have to deliver every package at first I’d say get over half the volume out with scabs and a strike would lose momentum. A lot of loads already being pulled by gypsies due to inadequate rail removal language. The local small package and TDP pickup volume is probably our biggest leverage. Btw, these guys aren’t afraid to fight, but a strike should not be something talked about in an election year two years before the contract expires.
Why not?

542thruNthru

Well we can be sure that UPS will want to drag it out as long as possible since their pockets go deeper than ours.

The Union did drop the ball here though, because without the PVD drivers and whatnot the company would be helpless right now in the event of a work stoppage.
Yeah because the company still has to follow the contract during a work stoppage...

542thruNthru

Wouldn’t take much of an incentive would it? Especially when they ask to adjust percentage due to weekend volume in the next two years.
Yeah but wouldn't the whole reason we'd be on strike was because of the 22.4 position? Why would they want to cross and potentially screw themselves.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah but wouldn't the whole reason we'd be on strike was because of the 22.4 position? Why would they want to cross and potentially screw themselves.
Nobody’s gonna strike over 22.4s
if they don’t
Put some teeth in the 9.5 and 8 hour day language and PVD’s that could cause a strike

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That doesn't really answer the question, but other than that, I have no demands because I'm almost at 25 years. This place is your guys' problem now. I just want to see management suffer as much as possible before going.
So you just want to go on strike because you got yelled at by management?

Jlandry

A strike is definitely in order. Many, if not most, commercial customers in my area sympathize with the Drivers and hate UPS.
UPS is completely detached from its customers and treats them like crap and they know it's the Drivers who take care of them.
Odds are most would be on our side, even if they have to ship with somewhere else for a week.
I get what you are saying. With that being said if ups fails so do we. Not sure why you would trash them to your customers