Oz vs Vairma

cachmeifucan

I believe that Carol just lifted the starting rate for part timers to 18.50 because of our lousy retention rate. That is 4 dollars more that the contract provided. I guarantee that the part time starting rate will be no issue in 2023.

As far as these candidates...Not sure it will make any difference, both are disassociating themselves from the current leadership for good reasons. TDU is not really reforming anything, just a bunch of guys who want those power trips, both candidates are old school teamsters, Ron’s ticket will be hurt by a Hoffa endorsement, Sean is 20 years younger and was pretty vocal over the last contract.

It will be basically a election divided by the haves and have nots, The Western against the Central, Southern and Eastern conferences.
Add on the radio advertising ups starts at 27 a hour. Thats hourly rate plus 250 bonus. Equals 27. Thats good for new hires. Got me filing more supervisors working grievances.

cachmeifucan

Ok. What are your demands?
2 year scale instead of 4. Cost of living adjustments. 10% stock discount again. Stronger language , monetarily penalize ups for 9.5 violations. More 22.3 jobs. Better yearly raises. 4 dollars over 5 years barely keeps up with inflation. Better covid policy. Add mlk jr paid holiday. Anyone else getting triple pay for working memorial day?

cachmeifucan

We wont have to strike. At cach facility you can work as many hours as you can stay standing. Supervisor working grievances getting paid frequently. We could use a pension increase 108 per year and a additional 600 if you hit 30 years ft. How about 125 a year

DeCurtis

So you just want to go on strike because you got yelled at by management?
Sure thing. Whatever you say.
Care to explain why you think:
a strike should not be something talked about in an election year two years before the contract expires.
When I asked you why, it was not a gotcha question, and I actually thought there was some substance here instead of hot-air.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sure thing. Whatever you say.
Care to explain why you think:

When I asked you why, it was not a gotcha question, and I actually thought there was some substance here instead of hot-air.
Because you’d be striking without any leverage. We already have a contract til 2023, UPS is not gonna change any language in it until then. And honestly, like I said it seems you’d be willing to strike just to hurt the company, which is not a good thing. You use the threat of a strike for leverage to get better demands in a contract negotiation, not to make managers miserable. This is why I asked what are your demands? Are you striking for a purpose, or just to get ”even”?

DeCurtis

Because you’d be striking without any leverage. We already have a contract til 2023, UPS is not gonna change any language in it until then. And honestly, like I said it seems you’d be willing to strike just to hurt the company, which is not a good thing. You use the threat of a strike for leverage to get better demands in a contract negotiation, not to make managers miserable. This is why I asked what are your demands? Are you striking for a purpose, or just to get ”even”?
That's just it, we already have the sweetest deal around. You've got to be a complete Farm Animal to mindlessly be able to put up with all of the harassment and retaliation that comes with this job, and it needs to stop. Signaling an intent to strike will let management know they need to lay off their employees. Sorry, but throwing a bit of extra grain in my feed bucket wont relax my backbone, and it shouldn't be that way for any self-respecting man.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Start us earlier for less stress and more dosh

What'dyabringmetoday???

Wow I just read that Sean is now telling the members if he gets in he will get rid of the 22.4 language. Lol. It shows how dumb he really is. If it’s in the contract you now have to negotiate to get rid of it I am sure ups will never agree to take that out of the contract. Buyer beware.
Especially when the union put it in...