Pacific Coast Benefits Trust in mail, can I cash out?

I'm curious as to what having an industrial route has to do with how much you have in there?
Do you recall the date you mailed out your envelope? I'm really curious.

Has nothing to do with how much you've earned whatsoever. Just like every long other long term package car driver before me, I've paid my dues.

Maybe they should hold the money for a year and really be safe? Maybe not mail it to you at all, and no one will steal it.
Your willing to jump through the hoops and wait for nothing. I'm guessing not everyone here is as obliging as you. They love people like you.
Are you sure you don't work for them?
54378509.jpg

This is not our pension.

It's and extra savings account.

Nice try.

Instead of coming on here to do DAMAGE CONTROL, why don't to tell your people to give our retirees THIER money with in 7 working days because there is no reason for a 90 day wait.

If PCBT keeps this up, you retirees should see about a class action lawsuit.

I can't believe that it's legal to hold onto someone's retirement money for 90 days or more and to continually have the paperwork screw ups they seem to always have.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Has nothing to do with how much you've earned whatsoever. Just like every long other long term package car driver before me, I've paid my dues.
You are lying.

If you truly were a PACKAGE CAR DRIVER, tell us the difference between EDD and ORION.

It's an easy question any PACKAGE CAR DRIVER would easily know.

twoweeled

Two, mailed initial application 4/16. Mailed final approval, requiring a notarized signature 5/16. All forms received, were filled out and returned the same day.
Curious. Why didn't you mail the notarized forms when you mailed the initial application 4/16 ? (assuming I understand correctly).

Well, how about another update. The claim they have all the info and have received everything needed from the employer, finally. So they will be mailing it out the middle of NEXT MONTH! LOL If everything is done, why does it take 3 weeks to put it in the mail? Keep in mind, if you look at your statements. The balance is going down every statement. No shame.
Because they are administering medical/dental benefits. Processing medical/dental claims. Processing disability claims. Administrating and processing pensions. I think PCBT is least priority.

realbrown1

Because they are administering medical/dental benefits. Processing medical/dental claims. Processing disability claims. Administrating and processing pensions. I think PCBT is least priority.
Sounds like they are a government entity like the VA.

3 weeks for what?

twoweeled

Do you know what for a fact? I'm thinking, not.
1.They have a specific area addressing PCBT. They have another area administrating pensions. I'm fairly certain depending on what area of medical your referring to, is being handled by the same people who are handling the pensions. Another area handling medical in AZ. When you call with concerns having to do with PCBT, you will speak with one of maybe 4 people. If you speak to anyone else, that person will put you on hold and go ask one of those aprox 4 people.
2. BUT,,,,Let's assume your rationalization is correct. Then what you are directly saying; is pensions and medical are "such a high priority" that they just can't find the time to put a check into an envelope and mail it in less than 3 weeks? Really??? Next PCBT employee.
ntj05.jpg

twoweeled

You are lying.

If you truly were a PACKAGE CAR DRIVER, tell us the difference between EDD and ORION.

It's an easy question any PACKAGE CAR DRIVER would easily know.
It doesn't sound like your getting an answer to this one. Give him some time to ask a driver. He'll get back to you on that one.

twoweeled

Update. Another driver received his check. A couple of strange occurrences.
He received it yesterday through ordinary mail. no express. He told me, the check was dated May 31, 2016. Same day as he received it.
This driver was told earlier, his forms dates were not properly synchronized. Something having to do with the difference in dates between forms notarized and not notarized. But he had to do some forms over again and send them back. He got frustrated and took his time sending them back. The driver told me, he sent the forms back 2 days before he received his check! Driver didn't even think they received the forms, when he received his check. Combine this with the other driver who received his check without even filling out the member notarized form.
It appears that it's more of a stall/rationalizing tactic to excuse you getting your check. Sorta we'll let you know what the rules are as we go along.
I was told my info is complete and nothing more is needed (a week ago), before they mailed this other driver's check. But they are not going to mail mine out till the 19th of this month.
Go figure.

realbrown1

Update. Another driver received his check. A couple of strange occurrences.
He received it yesterday through ordinary mail. no express. He told me, the check was dated May 31, 2016. Same day as he received it.
This driver was told earlier, his forms dates were not properly synchronized. Something having to do with the difference in dates between forms notarized and not notarized. But he had to do some forms over again and send them back. He got frustrated and took his time sending them back. The driver told me, he sent the forms back 2 days before he received his check! Driver didn't even think they received the forms, when he received his check. Combine this with the other driver who received his check without even filling out the member notarized form.
It appears that it's more of a stall/rationalizing tactic to excuse you getting your check. Sorta we'll let you know what the rules are as we go along.
I was told my info is complete and nothing more is needed (a week ago), before they mailed this other driver's check. But they are not going to mail mine out till the 19th of this month.
Go figure.
Maybe they have a policy that NO money gets distributed before 90 days.

And they will come up with any excuse to make that so.

twoweeled

Maybe they have a policy that NO money gets distributed before 90 days.

And they will come up with any excuse to make that so.
I think that's what it is. They tell you it could take up to 90 days, rather than 90 days minimum.
My bitch is why should they be able to decide to prolong giving us our money back?
We understand the things management does. Management isn't here, to do the best for us.
I'm thinking Coast Benefit is. I could be wrong. The pension people are so dam helpful and obliging (great people). I think they are in the same building as Coast? I think Coast can be reached at the same phone number, different extension. Coast also has direct lines.
But when others read this, and start hearing the same BS from Coast when they retire - I'm hoping Coast starts catching enough crap from employees they find it a headache to jack us around.
All of us know how it is at work. Driver A doesn't know what management is doing to B and C. Drivers B and C don't know what's being done to Driver A. We like this guy, we don't like that guy. I think the more we know about what is happening, the better.

twoweeled

...or they could be screwing with him...
I thought about that. maybe they know about these postings of mine? They mailed that other driver's check maybe 3-4 days, after they told me mine was done finished, nothing more needed - we'll mail it out next month on the 19th. LOL!
I'm expect there is a chance, they'll come up with another reason to prolong it. Like sending me another form around June 19th. Seriously!
I'll be right back here, posting that too.
In all honesty, I maxed out on the 401K before and after tax. stopped the Roth contributions about the last 10 years. Everything's paid. I'm good to go. $8,000 isn't going to change anything.

By The Book

I thought about that. maybe they know about these postings of mine? They mailed that other driver's check maybe 3-4 days, after they told me mine was done finished, nothing more needed - we'll mail it out next month on the 19th. LOL!
I'm expect there is a chance, they'll come up with another reason to prolong it. Like sending me another form around June 19th. Seriously!
I'll be right back here, posting that too.
In all honesty, I maxed out on the 401K before and after tax. stopped the Roth contributions about the last 10 years. Everything's paid. I'm good to go. $8,000 isn't going to change anything.
I think you'll be back to post either way! You are helping future members with the process, so thank you! Me personally, I have the packet and am waiting for the balance to go up due to the market coming back a bit. The penalties /taxes on withdrawing are as much or more of an influence on my decision as well.

twoweeled

I think you'll be back to post either way! You are helping future members with the process, so thank you! Me personally, I have the packet and am waiting for the balance to go up due to the market coming back a bit. The penalties /taxes on withdrawing are as much or more of an influence on my decision as well.
I haven't a clue how this money is being invested. It doesn't seem like it's in anything remotely close to aggressive. I don't recall ever seeing huge gains. How/why we're seeing losses right now, is beyond me. The market hasn't been that bad over the last 10 years. Pretty much flat over the last 6-8 months, but not horrendous. The losses we're getting now, are reflective of a stock fund. Yet the gains earlier were nothing close to reflective of a stock fund. I really want to sever my ties.
If you are under the age, you really should think about paying that penalty. I'm not saying either way, but 10% is 10%. Good luck.
Thanks. As you say, I'm just trying to shine a light on something I think is wrong. I was warned about this, and sure enough, it happened. I don't think they're doing their best for us.
Good Luck