Package Car Drivers' Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke and Heat Related Deaths should be a top safety priority.

Does ORION or EDD require more time in the cargo area?

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ORION

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • EDD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ORION

• EDD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UPSER1987

You do realize you took a job where you work outside right? Hot, Cold, Rain, Snow, Storms...
Orion has nothing to do what happens in the back of the truck..PAL label does not change...its a pre-load issue.
It is funny when drivers complain about the heat when they apply for a job when you know you would be working outdoors. Like, what did you expect lol. Summers in Phoenix are hot- always have been always will be.

UPSER1987

"Hurr durr I'm too dumb to drink water"

Ladies and gentlemen, the absolute state of modern Americans.
Modern Americans require an adult “safety committee member” to hand out bottles of water to other adult drivers to remind them it’s hot. No :censored2: Sherlock- it’s already over 100 degrees at start time.

Such a soft work force we have now lol.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Modern Americans require an adult “safety committee member” to hand out bottles of water to other adult drivers to remind them it’s hot. No :censored2: Sherlock- it’s already over 100 degrees at start time.

Such a soft work force we have now lol.
Look at our leadership Sherlock. BTW thanks for Orion and Diad 6. Your intelligence is shining like never before.

HavenoEDD

Paid by the hour and not per package. Absolutely no requirement for anyone to worried about numbers and pressure in this heat. Performance numbers are not in the contract.
Hydrate for the following day. Eat smart. On route, every few stops open rear door and let air out. Park in shade when possible.
Be prepared and if car doesn’t have a fan, grieve and bring one. They give you any trouble let them know you can be an expensive problem for them and OSCA are only a phone call away

tadpole

They've been turning ORION off for us lately. Problem is, their dynamic ORION has been making adjustments to trace. So EDD doesn't make as much sense as it used to.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
They've been turning ORION off for us lately. Problem is, their dynamic ORION has been making adjustments to trace. So EDD doesn't make as much sense as it used to.
1655047503008.gif

onewithedd

Your right it is a preload issue and a dispatch issue as well as a safety issue.

I have Surepost on my route with a noonish delivery how am I supposed to get to 5-8 section with out climbing over all the Surepost piled all the way into the 1-4 sections? Climbing over it? I don’t think so!
Unloading it all in the street in front of a customers house?

OH WAIT! my bosses answer go to the post office first. Oh yeah that’s gonna save miles! It adds 4.5 miles round trip now I’m
Way over my Orion miles, not that I care!

What I do care about is my time away from what this hell hole has become I’ve been here 30 years and I have never seen it so bad!

Safety is of no concern to Orion or management. If driver has a heart attack or passes out from heat stroke, gets injured in another way it’s not “is he/she ok? It’s how much work do they have left??

I’ve seen it first hand!!