Package Car Drivers' Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke and Heat Related Deaths should be a top safety priority.

Does ORION or EDD require more time in the cargo area?

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ORION

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • EDD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ORION

• EDD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UPSER1987

Your right it is a preload issue and a dispatch issue as well as a safety issue.

I have Surepost on my route with a noonish delivery how am I supposed to get to 5-8 section with out climbing over all the Surepost piled all the way into the 1-4 sections? Climbing over it? I don’t think so!
Unloading it all in the street in front of a customers house?

OH WAIT! my bosses answer go to the post office first. Oh yeah that’s gonna save miles! It adds 4.5 miles round trip now I’m
Way over my Orion miles, not that I care!

What I do care about is my time away from what this hell hole has become I’ve been here 30 years and I have never seen it so bad!

Safety is of no concern to Orion or management. If driver has a heart attack or passes out from heat stroke, gets injured in another way it’s not “is he/she ok? It’s how much work do they have left??

I’ve seen it first hand!!
Management can’t be safe for you. You have to think for yourself. Different people have different tolerances, and your management team aren’t doctors. If you want to avoid a heat related illness, I suggest you get an office job. After 30 years, you should know this.

pkgdriver

Your right it is a preload issue and a dispatch issue as well as a safety issue.

I have Surepost on my route with a noonish delivery how am I supposed to get to 5-8 section with out climbing over all the Surepost piled all the way into the 1-4 sections? Climbing over it? I don’t think so!

OH WAIT! my bosses answer go to the post office first. Oh yeah that’s gonna save miles! It adds 4.5 miles round trip now I’m
Way over my Orion miles, not that I care!

What I do care about is my time away from what this hell hole has become I’ve been here 30 years and I have never seen it so bad!

Safety is of no concern to Orion or management. If driver has a heart attack or passes out from heat stroke, gets injured in another way it’s not “is he/she ok? It’s how much work do they have left??

I’ve seen it first hand!!

Yep drivers were instructed to do this in the early days of ORION in my center. We have to have 95% compliance.

onewithedd

Management can’t be safe for you. You have to think for yourself. Different people have different tolerances, and your management team aren’t doctors. If you want to avoid a heat related illness, I suggest you get an office job. After 30 years, you should know this.
Yes I am well aware that management can’t be safe for me, but they can make it a safer place to work for everyone!!

I suppose that the fact that I have had no accidents or injuries in my 30 year career is all from my excellent (lol) 12 managers over the years?

Nope it’s my commitment to my safety, not their production numbers or Orion compliance. I don’t run Orion anymore and they don’t say one word to me about it.

Why would I want an office job when I can work outside yes it probably is safer inside but I make it safe outside by no longer running Orion besides I don’t need the overtime!!!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Yes I am well aware that management can’t be safe for me, but they can make it a safer place to work for everyone!!

I suppose that the fact that I have had no accidents or injuries in my 30 year career is all from my excellent (lol) 12 managers over the years?

Nope it’s my commitment to my safety, not their production numbers or Orion compliance. I don’t run Orion anymore and they don’t say one word to me about it.

Why would I want an office job when I can work outside yes it probably is safer inside but I make it safe outside by no longer running Orion besides I don’t need the overtime!!!
What does Orion have to do with working safely? Does it speak to you and instruct you to work unsafely or is it just a crazy ass map of your route?

34yearpackagehumper

Earlier today I saw PC Driver that I use to work with . It was about 9 o'clock and already about 90 degrees and he had an OCS with him. I said to myself he's in for a terrible day. I hated when they rode with me ! They get in your way and they ask stupid questions all day. Who needs that in 100 degree weather ?

He's never had to dig for a package from the 5000 shelf for his first stop in a 140° cargo area.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

This isn't Clarksville. Nor is it one of the old training videos we used to see we're all the boxes are the same size and you can walk from the bulkhead door to the back door.

Orion is nothing but a big lie.
If you are under dispatched it is designed to make you crisscross your route just so you get 8 hours worth of work.

That's real smart when gasoline is over $5 a gallon and Diesel is over $6 a gallon

It could be a very useful tool but it's not be the rule.

Nah
Winner winner chicken dinner.

This isn't Clarksville. Nor is it one of the old training videos we used to see we're all the boxes are the same size and you can walk from the bulkhead door to the back door.

Orion is nothing but a big lie.
If you are under dispatched it is designed to make you crisscross your route just so you get 8 hours worth of work.

That's real smart when gasoline is over $5 a gallon and Diesel is over $6 a gallon

It could be a very useful tool but it's not be the rule.
Last I heard from you, you didn't have Orion. Has your center finally been blessed with it?

I wish I could've been a driver during the golden age of going off the shelves. 1000, 2000, 3000....

I hated driving. Glad I'm out of that :censored2:hole.
It's a sad day at this place. They're trying to take all the thinking out of this job and have you rely on technology.
Almost all the supervisors we have now for 30 day wonders and they have no actual delivery experience.