Package Car Drivers' Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke and Heat Related Deaths should be a top safety priority.

Does ORION or EDD require more time in the cargo area?

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ORION

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • EDD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ORION

• EDD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U These Karen's cry about everything. Jeeezuz H Christ , they all knew the cars have sucky heat and are ovens without ac In the summah , they could google that ,, i liked your post on I'd diad went down !
Let all these Karen's put on long pants grab a street map and stand inside a fully loaded brownie and try to sort that mess in 140 degree temp in that car ,, they'd be dropping like flies

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U These Karen's cry about everything. Jeeezuz H Christ , they all knew the cars have sucky heat and are ovens without ac In the summah , they could google that ,, i liked your post on I'd diad went down !
Let all these Karen's put on long pants grab a street map and stand inside a fully loaded brownie and try to sort that mess in 140 degree temp in that car ,, they'd be dropping like flies
We didn't have shorts until 1994

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
????

How far up the corporate ladder are you? You are definitely detached from reality on the "ORION has nothing to what happens in the back of the truck"

UPS finally put fans in package cars and it helps immensely.

UPS uses nonsense as the reason for not protecting its workers with air conditioning.

UPS states: The company does not air-condition its fleet of package trucks, Gaut added, because frequent stops and the size of the vehicles would render air conditioning "ineffective."

Ineffective. POPPYCOCK

Just don't lie about it. How about: We don't have ac because we don't care about workers; we care about $$$$$

AC would help drastically.
All you will get is crickets.

UPSER1987

????

How far up the corporate ladder are you? You are definitely detached from reality on the "ORION has nothing to what happens in the back of the truck"

UPS finally put fans in package cars and it helps immensely.

UPS uses nonsense as the reason for not protecting its workers with air conditioning.

UPS states: The company does not air-condition its fleet of package trucks, Gaut added, because frequent stops and the size of the vehicles would render air conditioning "ineffective."

Ineffective. POPPYCOCK

Just don't lie about it. How about: We don't have ac because we don't care about workers; we care about $$$$$

AC would help drastically.
When did drivers get so doughy soft lol

rod

Retired 22 years
The back of my package car was $136° today.
All of a sudden "cold" Mn. isn't so bad anymore. 72 degrees with a light breeze today---no humidity either. To all those who made fun of Mn. weather over the years----"suffer bitches". It is suppose to be warm this weekend but back down to bearable in a couple days.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
All of a sudden "cold" Mn. isn't so bad anymore. 72 degrees with a light breeze today---no humidity either. To all those who made fun of Mn. weather over the years----"suffer bitches". It is suppose to be warm this weekend but back down to bearable in a couple days.
How’s the mosquitoes and black flies

onewithedd

I would die laughing at the computer system went down and all these drivers had to try to deliver stuff without it being in there DIAD
Hell, losing the internet would be the best, my preloader has no idea what part of town I cover or a single street name! All they know are sequence numbers

If my loader had to appear before a judge to be sworn in the judge would say “no, your other right hand!” RDL RDR huh? I don’t get it

rod

Retired 22 years
How’s the mosquitoes and black flies
Mosquitos are bad this year but we will have the yard sprayed next week and that takes car of them for the rest of the summer. VERY few flies---I think the mosquitos ate them. I've been in Alaska the last 2 weeks so I was outside all day mowing 2 weeks growth of grass and didn't get one mosquito bite or see a fly---but now that the sun is down the skeeters are out in full force.

BrownStains

That heat out there was no joke the other day . I was a little woozy at the end , almost ran out of water and was down to my last. The route was heavier though. Just keep chugging water and Gatorade.

Cowboy Mac

That heat out there was no joke the other day . I was a little woozy at the end , almost ran out of water and was down to my last. The route was heavier though. Just keep chugging water and Gatorade.
Go find a gas station with a beer cave and stand in there for a couple minutes. That’ll cool you down real quick.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
They’re too busy installing in cab cameras

But you guys have those spinning thingies on top of your package car to keep you cool now...
BA76D319-97D4-4CA6-889C-123A981D75AE.jpeg

This is an SD40-2. Built in 1972.

I :censored2: you not we still have one of these running around with no AC but retrofitted with 5-
count ‘em 5 cameras inside. Two out the windshield in each direction and the other 3 pointed at the crew’s faces.