Package handler to driver

Jason89

Hey, I’ve been a package handler for a few years now and want to transfer to driver. I wanted to know the pros and cons. If you’ve been in the same situation as I am please let me know how that went. I know I’ll lose seniority but what are the other consequences? Thanks!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Hey, I’ve been a package handler for a few years now and want to transfer to driver. I wanted to know the pros and cons. If you’ve been in the same situation as I am please let me know how that went. I know I’ll lose seniority but what are the other consequences? Thanks!
Damn near everyone who is now a driver started as a package handler.
Pros- first and foremost, MONEY. You could afford to move out of moms basement.
Cons- This is a full time job. No more going home after 4 hours. If you’re talking about package, it is a very physically demanding job and you will have to learn how to manage your time. Micromanagement from ... management is also a PITA.
If you’re talking about feeder, then forget everything I just said except for the micromanagement.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Cons: Long and unpredictable hours, more responsibility.

Pros: you don’t have to work inside that depressing ass building with your supervisor watching over your shoulder all the time. Instead they yell at you via text messages on the diad, which is much more peaceful.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
A few years...

You should know a few drivers well enough by now...

Who you see on a day to day basis...

And can ask.

But...

Pros: beef jerky overload.

Cons: pee bottles lost their tops in transit.

Good luck

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Hours are unpredictable.
You get more money.
You get a retirement.
You can support a family.
Summers are hot.
Parking under a tree really cools the back of the truck down significantly.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
The only reason to become a driver
1616733783368.gif