Package Handler

Purple Poop

I have an interview this week for a package handler position, my question is, if I get the position is there any chance of me going on road and delivering air packages once I’m done pre loading? Also would I have an option to deliver on Saturdays to get more hours?

Purple Poop

We just hired an Express driver off the street, and he’s in the middle of his training to be a full time driver.
Awesome!! Maybe I’ll get lucky, I know they have a 6 to 1 ratio before they can do an outside hire. Hopefully it’s been a while at this location and they can do an outside hire. I’m 40 so I’m getting a late start

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Awesome!! Maybe I’ll get lucky, I know they have a 6 to 1 ratio before they can do an outside hire. Hopefully it’s been a while at this location and they can do an outside hire. I’m 40 so I’m getting a late start
Didn't they do away with the 6 to 1 in the new contract?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

For bid jobs, they're still all seniority based.

You can have 10X as much experience delivering as the other part timers, but they'll get first shot at delivering because their seniority date is before yours.

Just the way it works.