Package Handler

Purple Poop

I’m hoping they’re doing the background check but I’m not sure they can do one with only a copy of my drivers license. Can’t remember if the application asked for the social security number or not, if it did then I guess they could be doing the background check.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
At least u are smart enough not to apply at FXG...
barney-o-gif.209920

Purple Poop

Do any of you guys know if they ask for ss# during interview if they plan on hiring you, or do they have it from my job application? I’ve applied for so many jobs lately that I can’t remember which jobs required that information during the application process. Thanks in advance

PT Car Washer

Do any of you guys know if they ask for ss# during interview if they plan on hiring you, or do they have it from my job application? I’ve applied for so many jobs lately that I can’t remember which jobs required that information during the application process. Thanks in advance
Peak hiring time is year long at my building. They will be getting back to you soon enough. Saw where new hire retention rate is 40% after 2 weeks at my building and for good reason. The job sucks for a new hire.

Jstpeachy

Had my interview yesterday and haven’t heard anything yet. Getting worried I may not get the job, I thought the interview went well but I’m afraid if they were considering me then they would have let me know by now they were gonna do the background check. What do you guys think?

Heads up it took a couple weeks for me to get from interview to start date. And that’s a common theme from other posters as well, they seem to take their time around here... meanwhile building is short staffed lol. Good luck

lolbr

Make your 30 days. Find the driver sign up sheet and put your name on it. Sign up for peak season driving. As long as you pass the driving test, you can sign up for exception air driving. Not a lot at my hub sign the exception air list. Although, you might only get to drive on weekends or if bid air driver is not in a day.

Purple Poop

Make your 30 days. Find the driver sign up sheet and put your name on it. Sign up for peak season driving. As long as you pass the driving test, you can sign up for exception air driving. Not a lot at my hub sign the exception air list. Although, you might only get to drive on weekends or if bid air driver is not in a day.
Awesome!! Thanks for the info

Purple Poop

Would I need to start my first day on the job by October 15th to be considered a permanent hire or just be hired by the 15th. Some companies your actual hire date is before your 1st day on the job

PT Car Washer

I’m just concerned that if I don’t get in by the 15th then I’ll be seasonal only and it’ll be to big of a risk to accept the position.
Did you apply at a hub (where packages are sorted and loaded into trailers almost around the clock) or a delivery center where all they do is deliver and pick up packages locally? Opportunities at centers are limited.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I’m hoping they’re doing the background check but I’m not sure they can do one with only a copy of my drivers license.

Do you really think a social security number is needed to do a background check? Your license contains more information than a simple SSN.

PT Car Washer

I applied at a delivery center, I think it has about 50 routes
Sounds like a really small one belt building. Your chances of going FT anytime soon are going to be limited. I work at a small hub with two centers, maybe 130 routes or more) and we are hiring off the street because we have exhausted all of the PT who want to drive.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Does anyone have package Handlers that go on road and delivery parcels? Also are there part time delivery positions available? Just trying to get a good idea of how it all works in case I’m offered a job. I’d like to get more than 20 hrs per week
There are 'part-time air' driver positions, that may or may not exist at your prospective location. However, such jobs are offered in seniority order. Around where I'm at, they're actually coveted jobs without too much turnover.
Would I need to start my first day on the job by October 15th to be considered a permanent hire or just be hired by the 15th. Some companies your actual hire date is before your 1st day on the job
You would really have to check your specific Regional Supplement to the contract about any possible cut-off date for permanent hire status; it varies around the country, and possibly even by job (FT driver vs PT pkg handler).

Purple Poop

There are 'part-time air' driver positions, that may or may not exist at your prospective location. However, such jobs are offered in seniority order. Around where I'm at, they're actually coveted jobs without too much turnover.

You would really have to check your specific Regional Supplement to the contract about any possible cut-off date for permanent hire status; it varies around the country, and possibly even by job (FT driver vs PT pkg handler).
Thank you. The HR rep said everyone hired before October 15th would be permanent hires. I was hoping ther’d be a way I would be permanent if they didn’t complete the process by the 15th.