Package Handler

542thruNthru

So sad how misinformed you all are.

I know the national probably better than @542thruNthruand he sleeps next to the contact book

Didn't they do away with the 6 to 1 in the new contract?

tenor-36.gif

Purple Poop

Does anyone have package Handlers that go on road and delivery parcels? Also are there part time delivery positions available? Just trying to get a good idea of how it all works in case I’m offered a job. I’d like to get more than 20 hrs per week

542thruNthru

Does anyone have package Handlers that go on road and delivery parcels? Also are there part time delivery positions available? Just trying to get a good idea of how it all works in case I’m offered a job. I’d like to get more than 20 hrs per week

You won't be able to drive as a air driver until you've taken the class and got a DOT card. It will also go by seniority.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Appreciate that. My mistake.

Extra work is offered by seniority. So odds of you getting tons of hours aren't probably real likely.

Again. No. Bid positions are by seniority. You won't get to deliver, almost assuredly.
You're going to have to wait, and put in your time like all the rest of us part timers.

This peak you might be able to seasonal drive, but that'll just be for a few months.

Purple Poop

I’ve actually seen package delivery positions posted online on the ups site that DON’T say seasonal, they say full time so what are those for? I’ve applied for a couple of them and it said my information will be considered along with other applicants.

542thruNthru

I’ve actually seen package delivery positions posted online on the ups site that DON’T say seasonal, they say full time so what are those for? I’ve applied for a couple of them and it said my information will be considered along with other applicants.

If you become a PT loader they will not allow you to apply for a driving job. You'll have to follow seniority because you will not be considered a outside hire anymore.

Purple Poop

If you become a PT loader they will not allow you to apply for a driving job. You'll have to follow seniority because you will not be considered a outside hire anymore.
The place I’m going for the interview also had a driver position posted, I applied for both and got an interview invite for the handler, when I check my profile it still says active for the driver position, I’ll mention it to the HR rep and see what they say.

542thruNthru

The place I’m going for the interview also had a driver position posted, I applied for both and got an interview invite for the handler, when I check my profile it still says active for the driver position, I’ll mention it to the HR rep and see what they say.

Good luck. Just remember HR will lie to you. They need pre loaders bad. Probably more then they need drivers. They may tell you what you want to hear just to get you in the door.

Purple Poop

Good luck. Just remember HR will lie to you. They need pre loaders bad. Probably more then they need drivers. They may tell you what you want to hear just to get you in the door.
Yeah that’s why I’m getting as much advice from you guys as I can before I go for the interview. I’m not trying to be arrogant but I’m in very good shape for my age and I feel like there’s a good chance I’ll be offered the position. Just want to get as much info as possible before I go so I’ll have some good questions to ask

Purple Poop

If you think Fedex is a :censored2: show

You are in for a rude awakening
I think the work will be more physical but there’s absolutely no way UPS is more of a circus than Fedex. Example; UPS actually hires extra workers to get through peak season, FedEx does it with the same skeleton crew that they have year round. Hell they never even tried to get rental trucks for part timers until December and by time there were none left. It was as if peak caught them off guard every year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think the work will be more physical but there’s absolutely no way UPS is more of a circus than Fedex. Example; UPS actually hires extra workers to get through peak season, FedEx does it with the same skeleton crew that they have year round. Hell they never even tried to get rental trucks for part timers until December and by time there were none left. It was as if peak caught them off guard every year.

Ohhk-then

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
there’s absolutely no way UPS is more of a circus than Fedex. Example; UPS actually hires extra workers to get through peak season, FedEx does it with the same skeleton crew that they have year round.

Wanna bet?

You've clearly never seen the seasonal hires over peak. Not a day under 60, not a pound under 260, and not an IQ point over 80.

Purple Poop

Wanna bet?

You've clearly never seen the seasonal hires over peak. Not a day under 60, not a pound under 260, and not an IQ point over 80.
At least y’all hire people. We’d start having undelivered packages about a week before Christmas and it would just pile up, so we’d still be delivering Christmas packages up to a week after Christmas. This would happen EVERY peak

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
At least y’all hire people. We’d start having undelivered packages about a week before Christmas and it would just pile up, so we’d still be delivering Christmas packages up to a week after Christmas. This would happen EVERY peak
We have a bunch of missed pieces today. 2 people working 23 cars. This Christmas is going to be nasty.
It's basically a repeat of 2017. The pendulum swung and we over-prepared last year. Time to go the other direction.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Op, just say u applied for driver position, and u accidentally applied for the package handling job in error... hopefully, they'll adjust it on the spot and set u up for driving instead of being another cog in the warehouse