Package w/ required signature was left without signature and stolen

What'dyabringmetoday???

We also can't use "other-other" but when you DR you can select "other", which is "0", and type in the location.
It is humorous that we can not use "other-other", but we can have three drivers delivering on the same street. We can change sections so a business that usually gets their delivery at 9 a.m. gets it at 4 p.m. Oh well.

It is humorous that we can not use "other-other", but we can have three drivers delivering on the same street. We can change sections so a business that usually gets their delivery at 9 a.m. gets it at 4 p.m. Oh well.
How does one even use other other? I've been in the office with members who have done this after being instructed not to. What's the point?

Re-Raise

How does one even use other other? I've been in the office with members who have done this after being instructed not to. What's the point?

I think people do it when they try to put in a non delivery reason that isn't listed. If they have an unusual situation like a power line across the road or even a dog that won't let you get out of the truck.

If you go to non delivery and select other and see that the reason isn't listed you can select other again which for some reason really freaks them out in the office.

over9five

Staff member
I've never understood "other other". If its never to be used and people get in trouble for using it, wouldn't it make sense to take that option right out of the DIAD?

old levi's

blank space
I've never understood "other other". If its never to be used and people get in trouble for using it, wouldn't it make sense to take that option right out of the DIAD?

No, then the opportunity to slam a driver would be lost.
Along those same lines, why not have the COD amount auto. enter when the bar code of a COD pkg. is scanned.
Hell no, let's give the driver a chance to screw it up and then hang him.

Kinda like pre-record in the diad 5. I've got guys who deliver ground and air and accidentally hit the touch screen after 10:30 and it's late. Take out pre-record we aren't allowed to use it so Hy have it anyway.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have had several major screw ups involving drivers accidently hitting Prerecord after unloading a package car full of Next Day Air. When they tried to clock out at the end of the day, they had a very expensive mistake pop up on the DIAD screen.

We have had several major screw ups involving drivers accidently hitting Prerecord after unloading a package car full of Next Day Air. When they tried to clock out at the end of the day, they had a very expensive mistake pop up on the DIAD screen.
See what I mean ??thats bullcrap take it out of the board.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Damn IPad. How do you deliver a truck full of NDA and pre-record it. Wouldn't the first hint be when you get the signature? We are not on DIAD 5 so maybe that is the problem. I can't imagine new technology would create problems.