Panel hearing for termination

We filed for reinstatement & backpay
giphy.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes 3/3/1. Said decision takes up to 10 days but the union should know by Friday at the end of panel week

So....

Aside from you being in possession of property stolen from UPS (and returning it) what was the company's case ?

Did they provide any physical evidence ? Video surveillance ? Did the Panel ask you any questions ?

-Bug-

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So....

Aside from you being in possession of property stolen from UPS (and returning it) what was the company's case ?

Did they provide any physical evidence ? Video surveillance ? Did the Panel ask you any questions ?

-Bug-

Like the name of your buddy who sold you the stolen watch? 🤔

Powder

So....

-Bug-
They had nothing. They reverted to pulling my discipline history for my 10 years and even contradict their own case by saying how I was cooperative when asked for watch & ID then said why would someone innocent give his watch. 5 panel members (2 company & 3 union)asked questions and even the mutal arbitrator. Company side only asked me 4 questions between the 2 who talked

Powder

Oh yeah....

Are you in a right-to-work state and do you pay Union dues ?
Yes Ito both but cause the CBA they can’t fire for just cause. Our article 51 is proven theft or dishonesty is dischargable offense but given the case that was presented they showed nothing to support. They even reached saying I probably sold the 11 iphones to a cell phone place so they could use them for parts

Off the leash

Yes Ito both but cause the CBA they can’t fire for just cause. Our article 51 is proven theft or dishonesty is dischargable offense but given the case that was presented they showed nothing to support. They even reached saying I probably sold the 11 iphones to a cell phone place so they could use them for parts
Does it make a difference if your in a RTW state?