Panel hearing

Shecoope

hello I work at the ups in Texas I have had an issue with attendance and have been givin multiple intent to discharge letters I have filed a grievance on all of them well I recently made my attendance better I only had missed two days three weeks ago well flash forward to two weeks ago I get a call from the BA saying they want to proceed with the discharge there will be a panel next week July 16 but it’s in Florida I cannot make it to Florida but I wrote a letter stating why I should be allowed to keep my job and the BA will represent me I wanted to know how long after the panel will I know a decision and will there be any hope and keeping my job I’ve been there 11 years also will UPS terminate me or let me keep my job

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
hello I work at the ups in Texas I have had an issue with attendance and have been givin multiple intent to discharge letters I have filed a grievance on all of them well I recently made my attendance better I only had missed two days three weeks ago well flash forward to two weeks ago I get a call from the BA saying they want to proceed with the discharge there will be a panel next week July 16 but it’s in Florida I cannot make it to Florida but I wrote a letter stating why I should be allowed to keep my job and the BA will represent me I wanted to know how long after the panel will I know a decision and will there be any hope and keeping my job I’ve been there 11 years also will UPS terminate me or let me keep my job
Never in the history of ups have I heard of an employee that has let an attendance issue go to panel and win. You have to be so damn horrible at attendance and have had gone though so many warnings and other hearings and suspensions that you know the answer to the question your asking. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

El Correcto

god is dead
Basically job abandonment at this point.

Box Ox

The panel will split 50/50 between Union and Company representatives and the tie-breaking arbitrator will probably vote to uphold your having been given the boot given the facts of your case.

Edit: Also surprised your case made it onto the agenda given how close your panel date is.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Welcome to hybrid driver status!

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
So they want to fire you over attendance problems and you can’t attend the panel hearing? .......hhhhhmmmmm.

DOK

So they want to fire you over attendance problems and you can’t attend the panel hearing? .......hhhhhmmmmm.

Same thoughts here. I’m afraid you’ll be one of the hearings that will fall on the company’s side that day.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How many total days have you missed in the last 9 months to be fired? Why do you miss so much time?

Nimnim

The Nim
I will always say attendance is the hardest thing for the union to fight for you on. If you don't show up you don't show up what can the union say about it. Saving grace is usually they don't follow the discipline on others, but if it's made it this far your only hope is to show up to the panel, even then it's not good. Showing up to an out of state panel does show you're serious about it though personally I'd be using my time putting in applications.

As far as when you'll know the outcome, it'll be up to when the BA decides to call you after the panel, probably end of the day maybe next day when he feels like dealing with giving someone bad news.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Chances are, the Panel will give him a "bite of the apple" and not uphold a discharge.

But, will give him time off with a final warning.

11 years with the company and multiple letters of intent to discharge....

and he still misses work ? Wow.

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Only missed 2 days 3 weeks ago
Lmao

Better update that resume

Inthegame

Never in the history of ups have I heard of an employee that has let an attendance issue go to panel and win. You have to be so damn horrible at attendance and have had gone though so many warnings and other hearings and suspensions that you know the answer to the question your asking. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.
As steward, I once represented a driver who was called in the office for attendance but more so for tardies. The manager said he's had it as our guy was late 72 times in 6 months. I asked for a sidebar with the manager and while trying to suppress my laughter, I said you really want to take this to panel as you just allowed this guy to be late 71 times without action? (There was no prior discipline)
He reconsidered and asked me to try and get the guy to show up on time.
No problems after I explained how poorly things would go for our guy at panel. That was over 10 years ago...no more problems, the guy had babysitter issues.
Both driver and manager were good guys.

Shecoope

hello I have my panel next week on Monday I wanted to know will I be able to keep my job for attendance or is it best to start looking for another job this weekend

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
52D06B07-BFA0-4746-8E96-C2F9786295C4.gif