trickpony1

I haven’t received any letter but my ba said that there is a letter that was reviewed by them.
I know it's crazy but......
This may be your loophole?

How are you supposed to know what occurs between the company and the BA.?

Unless, and until, the letter is in your hand, and within the prescribed time limit, how are you supposed to know?

Logistically helping.

Thebrownblob

I haven’t received any letter but my ba said that there is a letter that was reviewed by them.
Well, you would’ve had to have originally received a termination for your attendance. And someone would’ve had to sign for it in your presence or perhaps foolishly you sign for it. If you were never presented with a letter, and it was never signed for none of this happened.

542thruNthru

Well, you would’ve had to have originally received a termination for your attendance. And someone would’ve had to sign for it in your presence or perhaps foolishly you sign for it. If you were never presented with a letter, and it was never signed for none of this happened.
Would depend on their rider/supp. Here they send it certified mail. As long as the company can prove they sent it to both the member and union they are off the hook. I know some areas it's sign for by a steward and given to the member or sometimes its just sign for by the member.

Thebrownblob

Would depend on their rider/supp. Here they send it certified mail. As long as the company can prove they sent it to both the member and union they are off the hook. I know some areas it's sign for by a steward and given to the member or sometimes its just sign for by the member.
They occasionally send a letter in the mail here when the grievance doesn’t show up to work. Some people think if they just ignore the certified letter they can be off the hook. It doesn’t work that way. In this case I was assuming the person was handed the letter at work and just did not file on it, and several months went by. Really no way to know for sure with the little information.

They occasionally send a letter in the mail here when the grievance doesn’t show up to work. Some people think if they just ignore the certified letter they can be off the hook. It doesn’t work that way. In this case I was assuming the person was handed the letter at work and just did not file on it, and several months went by. Really no way to know for sure with the little information.
They send our certified to the member in regular mail to the union

tintininis

Depends on how big a pain in the ass you were
I get along with everyone
Faa at this
I know it's crazy but......
This may be your loophole?

How are you supposed to know what occurs between the company and the BA.?

Unless, and until, the letter is in your hand, and within the prescribed time limit, how are you supposed to know?

Logistically helping.
i never was handed any piece of paper nor did I receive anything in the mail. I never signed anything and when ever I was in the office my steward signed. He only had me snap a photo of a disciplinary letter like twice.

Thebrownblob

I get along with everyone
Faa at this

i never was handed any piece of paper nor did I receive anything in the mail. I never signed anything and when ever I was in the office my steward signed. He only had me snap a photo of a disciplinary letter like twice.
Snap a photo? OK what were they?

tintininis

You abused the fact that they weren't disciplining for call ins but are questioning why when they do. They always keep record. You did it to yourself. Come to work. You don’t make money if you don’t work.
Yeah I did for a while, only because my center manager was new and wasn’t giving out occasions. Once they did it was in the middle of the year and that’s when slowly but surely me puse las pillas and stopped calling in.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Yeah I did for a while, only because my center manager was new and wasn’t giving out occasions. Once they did it was in the middle of the year and that’s when slowly but surely me puse las pillas and stopped calling in.
That’s no excuse. You know how it is. Protect yourself always.

AKCoverMan

So….fast forward…I got sent home on a Thursday called in Friday and Saturday. Came in on Tuesday then was walked out, they said because I didn’t file a grievance on the last disciplinary action which was working termination they said. Now, I have a doctors note to cover the days I called in but the manger says they don’t have to hear me out. How the hell is that ok to do? BA says the company is using the part where it says that I have 15 days after to file (which would have been last year in September
If they fired you last September and your still here then apparently something was grieved.