Panic Mode

oldngray

nowhere special
ludicrous-speed.png

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Haven’t gotten more than 8 hours on the clock since last Wednesday. Helpers and PVDs being benched. Split routes getting cut. We’ve also been enduring peak under a corporate occupation extra supervisors everywhere watching everyone. Drivers getting pulled into the office by the dozen for being over hours. Uniform inspections. Warning letters for wearing non UPS winter gear. Warning letters for drivers who’s helpers got injured on the job. Driver observations. They’ve even been texting the helpers while working asking to send pictures of their footwear and asking safety questions throughout the day.
Warning letter to a driver for the helper getting hurt.
Good luck making that stick.
Management is so stupid sometimes.

The Driver

I drive.
:censored2:, kids. Does anyone here have any long term memory or sense of business management? Are you super “industrial engineers” really running around screaming the sky is falling and we’re all doomed. Man, we got a bunch of gossiping housewives here. Simply put, UPS built huge expansion hubs and consolidated a ton of their volume into sorts at automated hubs like Ontario and Louisvillle. The volume is not down, UPS has just got rid of the 3lb bag they were squeezing four lbs of :censored2: into, and exchanged it for a 10 gallon bucket. In a few years we’ll be right back where we we were: overflowing and raising hell.

I'd be interested in learning more about this.

1UPSpeMech

Our hub volume is down close to 10% I have heard from management. The surepost seems light as does our 3 delivery centers where I am. I did see a new 7 day layoff notice hanging. Do they always do that this early?
I was told the tractor/package car mechanics have been offered a six hour work day if they wish ((DO NOT GO DOWN THAT SLIPPERY SLOPE!!)) and All purchases of tires and equipment are on hold. They supposedly cut the American Express card access to to most departments, vendor payments are on hold, etc. NO engines are allowed to be purchased. To me, this sounds more like a financial stress than rerouting packages through other or new places.
Our stock and Fedex's fell last week and they are blaming "Amazon Air" and their scab delivery drivers for that.
What we heard was Amazon will not only be delivering their own China knockoffs that are sold on their site but, they are also trying to cut our throats by providing shipping services to companies that they don't even sell products for!
What we were told last year was to expect this. We were told that Amazon had a plan to use our services and then copy it. They planned all along to see how we move things and then mirror it! Now they've done it and Now buying from them is like demanding that Fedex deliver all of your packages to your home.
If you all remember, RPS (Now FDX Ground/FHD) started EXACTLY like this. They used contractors and scab labor to bear the equipment costs and became a massive competitor to us. AMZL is doing that And getting these people financing for trucks! Its been in the news.
Now, we didn't come to be the biggest and oldest in the world by accident!
I do believe that our corporate management does actually have the ability to gain back what we lose or find new channels to keep bringing profit (and our drivers are second to none) but...
don't we have enough membership to help this out? i.e. stop buying from Amazon (that has now positioned itself as our competitor) and cancel our personal prime memberships?
I literally will do this. Half of the crap I've bought from them is faked products anyway- down to Samsung labeled batteries, Frigidaire fridge water filters, work light batteries, Dewalt labeled products, Samsung labeled phone chargers, etc. They don't care. You call to complain and they just refund you and make it sound like a one time favor.
Try to leave a bad review? They block it most of the time!
We can do without Prime TV that makes you pay for half of whats offered (unlike Netflix) and do without reruns of House when it comes to coming together to secure our futures, incomes, retirements!
Thats all just my 2 cents.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our hub volume is down close to 10% I have heard from management. The surepost seems light as does our 3 delivery centers where I am. I did see a new 7 day layoff notice hanging. Do they always do that this early?
I was told the tractor/package car mechanics have been offered a six hour work day if they wish ((DO NOT GO DOWN THAT SLIPPERY SLOPE!!)) and All purchases of tires and equipment are on hold. They supposedly cut the American Express card access to to most departments, vendor payments are on hold, etc. NO engines are allowed to be purchased. To me, this sounds more like a financial stress than rerouting packages through other or new places.
Our stock and Fedex's fell last week and they are blaming "Amazon Air" and their scab delivery drivers for that.
What we heard was Amazon will not only be delivering their own China knockoffs that are sold on their site but, they are also trying to cut our throats by providing shipping services to companies that they don't even sell products for!
What we were told last year was to expect this. We were told that Amazon had a plan to use our services and then copy it. They planned all along to see how we move things and then mirror it! Now they've done it and Now buying from them is like demanding that Fedex deliver all of your packages to your home.
If you all remember, RPS (Now FDX Ground/FHD) started EXACTLY like this. They used contractors and scab labor to bear the equipment costs and became a massive competitor to us. AMZL is doing that And getting these people financing for trucks! Its been in the news.
Now, we didn't come to be the biggest and oldest in the world by accident!
I do believe that our corporate management does actually have the ability to gain back what we lose or find new channels to keep bringing profit (and our drivers are second to none) but...
don't we have enough membership to help this out? i.e. stop buying from Amazon (that has now positioned itself as our competitor) and cancel our personal prime memberships?
I literally will do this. Half of the crap I've bought from them is faked products anyway- down to Samsung labeled batteries, Frigidaire fridge water filters, work light batteries, Dewalt labeled products, Samsung labeled phone chargers, etc. They don't care. You call to complain and they just refund you and make it sound like a one time favor.
Try to leave a bad review? They block it most of the time!
We can do without Prime TV that makes you pay for half of whats offered (unlike Netflix) and do without reruns of House when it comes to coming together to secure our futures, incomes, retirements!
Amazon is getting ready to get split up. Dipping their toes in too many things.

brostalss

Hey now my brother worked on House for all eight years.(stand-in for Hugh Laurie) Even did some small roles. He could use the "mailbox" money. It's always funny when he tells us he gets a residual check for 25¢.

1UPSpeMech

Amazon is getting ready to get split up. Dipping their toes in too many things.

We'll see but I think if we as a collective stop making them rich, that will be a noticable first step.
I don't always feed my own brick and mortars directly but I do avoid Amazon if I have the option of keeping real people here in the U.S. working from purchasing through a company here.

I request or demand UPS deliveries when possible so that everything coming to my door feeds all of us. Thats another way to help our own cause.

With Amazon orders, out of the last ten alone, it's been All AMZL! It used to be only us bringing my items just a couple of months ago. It's an eye opener. That is where our peak went - to scabs and copycats. At my location, there used to be multiple, dedicated Amazon trailers. Nowadays, I never see the one that we have more than a quarter full.

UPS' best bet probably would have been to buy them out before they became a ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY BILLION DOLLAR per year competitor.
We gross like 66 billion with all entities combined.