Part-time Air Package Driver Questions

akchick

Hello all, and thanks in advance for your assistance!

I have applied for a part-time "Air Package Driver" position and received a call to see if I am truly interested.

Could you tell me exactly what this position does?

And, from what I can gather, part-timers do not receive medical benefits until 1 year in. What about retirement? Is that offered at all?

Also, if I drove a manual in my 20s, will I be able to drive a UPS truck? :happy-very: (I'm 46).

Thanks much, I had a hard time finding answers to these specific questions via search!

Erica

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You deliver premium service packages that the FT drivers cannot get to on time.

Benefits after 1 year.

Pension vested after 5.

You will learn how to use the DIAD and gain area knowledge, which will be useful if you decide to drive FT.

Good luck.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Thanks so much grandpa :D

Would you know approximately what the schedule would be?

Depends. I sometimes run EAMs (next day early AM airs) and I'm pulled off the preload early, usually around 7:30am. By the time deliveries are done it's usually around 10am but this depends largely on the regional commit times for premium service packages as well as how your center operates.

For example, they might have you deliver premium packages to the areas with the earliest commit times first, then drive out to deliver to the suburbs or country that has later commit times, say 10 or 10:30 am.

badpal

So if I understand your post correct, your not a part time employee at the current time? As far as your schedule unless your in a big center, that would be hard to guess.

akchick

Hi again all,

I was reading about the education assistance program. Can it be used for any program of one's choosing, (for example, medical billing) or is the intent only to climb the UPS "ladder"?

Thanks!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Hi again all,

I was reading about the education assistance program. Can it be used for any program of one's choosing, (for example, medical billing) or is the intent only to climb the UPS "ladder"?

Thanks!

Any class from an accredited higher learning institution.

luckster

You deliver premium service packages that the FT drivers cannot get to on time.

Benefits after 1 year.

Pension vested after 5.

You will learn how to use the DIAD and gain area knowledge, which will be useful if you decide to drive FT.

Good luck.
I make my 1 year in January. Will I have seniority to bid for ground delivery driver over pre loader who has more seniority ? Or the pre loader would have more seniority bc of # of years with company ?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Obviously an Alaska 8
images-10.jpg