Part time hours cut drastically

goldridge

Hey, everyone. I work for UPS Freight as a dockworker with CDL and the freight has slowed down during the winter, which is the opposite for small pack. My hours are getting cut to 1-2 hours daily instead of 4 hours. I am guaranteed 4 hours pay everyday I report to work, if I'm not mistaken (Article 18 Section 1). Does this guarantee change if they change my start time before I report to work? They notify me everyday to come in later than my normally scheduled start time. Any help would be appreciated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are they notifying you the day before or on that day? They are supposed to give 24 hours notice of any start time changes of less than an hour and 72 hours for those of an hour or more.

Demand your 4.

goldridge

They are supposed to post a schedule of the following week every Friday. They never do. Then they text/call us for start times every day and claim it is our responsibility to find out our start time if we haven't heard from them by a certain time. It's a joke.

Indecisi0n

They are supposed to post a schedule of the following week every Friday. They never do. Then they text/call us for start times every day and claim it is our responsibility to find out our start time if we haven't heard from them by a certain time. It's a joke.
It's a joke I'd you let it be. You need to fight back and use the contract to do so. Until you give them the impression that you know the contract and will hold them to it they will keep doing this.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hey, everyone. I work for UPS Freight as a dockworker with CDL and the freight has slowed down during the winter, which is the opposite for small pack. My hours are getting cut to 1-2 hours daily instead of 4 hours. I am guaranteed 4 hours pay everyday I report to work, if I'm not mistaken (Article 18 Section 1). Does this guarantee change if they change my start time before I report to work? They notify me everyday to come in later than my normally scheduled start time. Any help would be appreciated.

Section 1. Casual Employees

"The schedule for casual employees shall be posted by Friday of the preceding workweek. A casual employee shall be guaranteed four (4) hours of pay on any day he/she is scheduled and reports to work. The Company may alter the casual employee’s start time or cancel the scheduled work day provided the employee is notified prior to reporting to work."

The language is pretty clear.

You need to talk with your Steward or Local Union BA.

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
For casuals it's not defined.... But, for full-time employees it's 2 hours.

Canceling the entire shift for the casual, requires 24-hr notice.

In a previous post you said
The language is pretty clear

Yet in the post above you say
For casuals its not defined

That doesent sound “prettty clear”
to me

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In a previous post you said
The language is pretty clear

Yet in the post above you say
For casuals its not defined

That doesent sound “prettty clear”
to me

Thanks for clearing that up

SMH!

Calm down Alice. I was just asking a question

And, where was the question ?

You made uniformed statements about UPS freight.

I'm guessing.... your knowledge about the UPS contract is equivalent.

(yet.... you retired, and are :censored2:ting the bed)

Walk it back.