542thruNthru

So everybody I've asked at the Lexington hub has given me such a mixed variety of answers to this question that I am really unsure of who to believe. On the 3rd of December I passed the part-time supervisor test. Now I'm just simply waiting to be notified of when I get this position. How long does this notification usually take to get to me? From multiple supervisors I've heard numbers that are so ridiculously far apart that I am utterly confused--one said he was made a supervisor within a week of taking it, one told me it was seven months, and another told me it was a year and a half. Could anybody offer some clarification?

My guess would be it's when your building needs a new PT supe. So settle in you'll probably be waiting a few months.

So everybody I've asked at the Lexington hub has given me such a mixed variety of answers to this question that I am really unsure of who to believe. On the 3rd of December I passed the part-time supervisor test. Now I'm just simply waiting to be notified of when I get this position. How long does this notification usually take to get to me? From multiple supervisors I've heard numbers that are so ridiculously far apart that I am utterly confused--one said he was made a supervisor within a week of taking it, one told me it was seven months, and another told me it was a year and a half. Could anybody offer some clarification?
in my building.. they give anyone pt sup jobs.. maybe that's why our preload fails all the time..

ZetaTheCoyote

They are used car salesman selling you a dream but instead giving you crap.

Elaborate. I beg to differ since everybody at my hub who is in the higher up positions have started from the bottom. Granted I don't know how many of them had college degrees starting out, but I suppose that's a moot point. At my hub it just seems promising, but I'm hoping that's not just wishful thinking :\ I dropped the ball on majoring in History and graduating with a BA in something useless; I don't want this to be another mistake.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Elaborate. I beg to differ since everybody at my hub who is in the higher up positions have started from the bottom. Granted I don't know how many of them had college degrees starting out, but I suppose that's a moot point. At my hub it just seems promising, but I'm hoping that's not just wishful thinking :\ I dropped the ball on majoring in History and graduating with a BA in something useless; I don't want this to be another mistake.

If you don't have a college degree your chances of promotion to a level higher than a PT sup are slim. It happens, but again....slim. Any degree, not necessarily a business degree. My old on car sup had a degree in Kinesiology. Not exactly something you need to tell people how to deliver packages.
And if you are worried about making more or achieving more than others in your family, A) who cares as long as your happy and 2) drivers. especially feeder drivers, make more than supervisors and most of management. A few of my bosses like to remind me often that I make more than they do. A lot more.

Faceplanted

I'll tell you one thing... from what I'm reading your life seems it will be full of constant disappointments. Load up on the Kleenex.

Useless degree....check

Thinks p/t sup is a promotion...check

Gonna have a long miserable life.

jaker

trolling
How long have you been at ups and don't you find it funny that your fellow management can't even answer a question that they should know more about then us

MynameisNeigan

Here comes a new PT sup. In 5 years will probably still be a PT sup watching his employees go driving. Some of those will probably become full time sups first.

Yolo

Enjoy having zero authority and zero respect from anyone for $13.50/hr. Remember to set aside some funds to pay for health insurance.

rod

Retired 22 years
Good luck with your management career. Please check back after you eventually get your "promotion" and let us know if its everything you thought it would be.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
proxy-4.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So everybody I've asked at the Lexington hub has given me such a mixed variety of answers to this question that I am really unsure of who to believe.

From multiple supervisors I've heard numbers that are so ridiculously far apart that I am utterly confused--one said he was made a supervisor within a week of taking it, one told me it was seven months, and another told me it was a year and a half. Could anybody offer some clarification?

You are going to be a great supervisor!!!

Normally we tell everyone to ask people in their building for advice instead of random strangers but you already did that, and got no definitive answers so what better way to really lock it down and get an answer?

...ask a bunch of random strangers on the internet who are even more clueless than those in your building! Priceless!!!