Part timer happy to get health care.

Jetboat1

As a 17 yr UPS part timer. The primary concern of mine is keeping my health care for a part time job. Making $ 25.21 an hr pulse really good insurance I can't complain. I don't want to be looked at as a company shill but whatever job gives PT employees healthcare and a freaking pension? At 25 years I will get $19,500 a year to not work! For the upcoming contract I'm not looking for large catch up pay I understand it's a part time job! Being in a union is not just a me thing is there things you would give up for the betterment of all union members?

Brownwind

As a 17 yr UPS part timer. The primary concern of mine is keeping my health care for a part time job. Making $ 25.21 an hr pulse really good insurance I can't complain. I don't want to be looked at as a company shill but whatever job gives PT employees healthcare and a freaking pension? At 25 years I will get $19,500 a year to not work! For the upcoming contract I'm not looking for large catch up pay I understand it's a part time job! Being in a union is not just a me thing is there things you would give up for the betterment of all union members?
25.21??? That’s amazing wages for starting pay. Your pay is better than most in the country. You must be in Ca.

Up In Smoke

Ok, now I'm really confused. On another thread you said you were a 15 yr employee buying $200-300 worth of UPS stock per week. What gives? Are you just working for the exercise?

Red Headed Stranger

Completely agree with the original poster. I'm not concerned about the money (hourly rate) at all. The great health insurance benefits and pension are why I'm here. Also, since the part-time job doesn't pay too much, I'm able to collect Social Security and still continue to work. A win/win situation!

Brownwind

Completely agree with the original poster. I'm not concerned about the money (hourly rate) at all. The great health insurance benefits and pension are why I'm here. Also, since the part-time job doesn't pay too much, I'm able to collect Social Security and still continue to work. A win/win situation!
Win win. Hero and essential….