Part timer happy to get health care.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
9 months to get insurance? I got it after 30 days. Why should new hires to wait 9 months? Because they are lesser than you?
The reason for this is that people were signing up to work PT with 6-7 month pregnant girlfriends and wives, after thirty days, “free” childbirth at the hospital that was slowly bankrupting the health and welfare fund without a significant contribution. It was originally benchmarked at 12 months, but last contract it got walked back to 9 months. This is probably one that is actually supported by the union, for the good of all long term employees.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
As a 17 yr UPS part timer. The primary concern of mine is keeping my health care for a part time job. Making $ 25.21 an hr pulse really good insurance I can't complain. I don't want to be looked at as a company shill but whatever job gives PT employees healthcare and a freaking pension? At 25 years I will get $19,500 a year to not work! For the upcoming contract I'm not looking for large catch up pay I understand it's a part time job! Being in a union is not just a me thing is there things you would give up for the betterment of all union members?
It's a great deal I worked 23 years PT as a second job ,had premium insurance for my wife and 3 kids , left a 65 and collect a pension check the first of every month along with the SS check on the 3rd Wed. . I don't miss the long hours of 2 jobs though, 6:30AM out of the house back in @ 10PM five days a week . Now I work the first job 4 days sometimes 3 days and collect 2 extra checks play golf and fish .

The reason for this is that people were signing up to work PT with 6-7 month pregnant girlfriends and wives, after thirty days, “free” childbirth at the hospital that was slowly bankrupting the health and welfare fund without a significant contribution. It was originally benchmarked at 12 months, but last contract it got walked back to 9 months. This is probably one that is actually supported by the union, for the good of all long term employees.
The myth of the pregnant girlfriend. I'm sure it could have happened but how many times?

Jetboat1

What does that mean?
15 years in putting away the max of 10,000 a year with the company match of 500 with dividends reinvested. Nice little nest egg plus the pension. 19,500 in pension pulse 12,000 in dividends a year. Also looking in to selling call options against the stock to increase income. The call options I'm totally new to.

Jetboat1

I think the message as full-timers are trying to say if you want to make the big bucks you got to go full time no doubt.
But with that being said you're definitely underpaid.
If you plan on making this your career you got to realize there is hardly any jobs on this planet it gives part-timers a pension and really good HealthCare coverage with no money out of pocket.

We have a few part timers at work here just for the insurance.
What is the value of the healthcare per year? I'm guessing at least 600 a month so 7200 a year? As a pt I work 1100 hours a year that's 6.54 an hour in benefits. Not voting down a contract with this in it. 22.4 issues forced 6 th punch I'd like to see that settled in the unions favor but not a game changer for me. 22.4 solving the who works Saturday forced 6 th punch? Don't know I'm PT working 40 hours plus an extra day not so much hence the PT.

What is the value of the healthcare per year? I'm guessing at least 600 a month so 7200 a year? As a pt I work 1100 hours a year that's 6.54 an hour in benefits. Not voting down a contract with this in it. 22.4 issues forced 6 th punch I'd like to see that settled in the unions favor but not a game changer for me. 22.4 solving the who works Saturday forced 6 th punch? Don't know I'm PT working 40 hours plus an extra day not so much hence the PT.
The company has to realize you're dealing with a different generation.
Unfortunately most of the newbies not realize how much we have.

I'm at the tail end of my career, if I do not have a pension and healthcare

I will have to work her a lot longer than I wanted to

Last edited:

Jetboat1

Because you asked a question no one is even saying? You’re not the brightest bulb

Now answer my question how can part-time benefits be better than free and equal to full-time?
At retirement PT do not get dental or vision. My two cents I would prefer dental and vision in retirement over a pay raise.

Thebrownblob

The company has to realize you're dealing with a different generation.
Unfortunately most of the newbies not realize how much we have.

I'm at the till end of my career, if I do not have a tension in recovery healthcare

I will have to work her a lot longer than I wanted to
Not to mention laws passed during the Obama years, which allow kids to stay on their parents insurance until 26 gives them a very false sense of security. I’ve had so many other drivers. Tell me holy crap one of my kids is about to turn 26 and has no insurance because they did not look for jobs with insurance. Welcome to the Uber eats Amazon gig work society.

Up In Smoke

15 years in putting away the max of 10,000 a year with the company match of 500 with dividends reinvested. Nice little nest egg plus the pension. 19,500 in pension pulse 12,000 in dividends a year. Also looking in to selling call options against the stock to increase income. The call options I'm totally new to.
Are you selling these calls on margin?

Not to mention laws passed during the Obama years, which allow kids to stay on their parents insurance until 26 gives them a very false sense of security. I’ve had so many other drivers. Tell me holy crap one of my kids is about to turn 26 and has no insurance because they did not look for jobs with insurance. Welcome to the Uber eats Amazon gig work society.
For my youngest is crazy was closing on the 26th birthday, found a job that had healthcare

Up In Smoke

For my youngest is crazy was closing on the 26th birthday, found a job that had healthcare
Both of our children got jobs straight out of college and both received bonus pay for not taking the provided insurance and staying on mine. I had both of them put their projected premiums into their 401ks to prepare them for when the premiums kicked in.