Part timer planning on voting yes: Change my mind.

Tony Q

No. A catch up raise for everyone like they had in 2002.
Once again I wish they were in there. Maybe if you vote this down they can take some money from somewhere else and put it there. Lets say they keep the part time pension at 60 dollars and move something else around. Then you can get that catch up raise. This might take a while, and in the short term UPS can hold onto your money and make some scratch off it. This might also enable them to give you a little more. Remember, Members don't like split raises, but you are ready to have a split in your wage of lets say 6 to 10 months of retro pay.

mikejonesjr

Once again I wish they were in there. Maybe if you vote this down they can take some money from somewhere else and put it there. Lets say they keep the part time pension at 60 dollars and move something else around. Then you can get that catch up raise. This might take a while, and in the short term UPS can hold onto your money and make some scratch off it. This might also enable them to give you a little more. Remember, Members don't like split raises, but you are ready to have a split in your wage of lets say 6 to 10 months of retro pay.
Take some money from somewhere else and put it there you say.. oh hey sounds alot like a hybrid driver to me arent they making $6 less and saving money for the company. An extra 50 cent catch up raise to current pt should be an absolute minimum. Even that isnt great.

Tony Q

Take some money from somewhere else and put it there you say.. oh hey sounds alot like a hybrid driver to me arent they making $6 less and saving money for the company. An extra 50 cent catch up raise to current pt should be an absolute minimum. Even that isnt great.
How much money do you think is in this pie? Do you know the least bit of anything that has to do with contract negotiation, or do you just bang on keyboard keys?

mikejonesjr

How much money do you think is in this pie? Do you know the least bit of anything that has to do with contract negotiation, or do you just bang on keyboard keys?
They gave a 50 cent catch up raise in 2002 which was even more back then. They took away progression so either way I'm making less than what I should be had they left this contract similar to the last two. In other words this "win for part timers" equates to me making less money than those before me. Its garbage and catch up raise or its a no vote.

Tony Q

They gave a 50 cent catch up raise in 2002 which was even more back then. They took away progression so either way I'm making less than what I should be had they left this contract similar to the last two. In other words this "win for part timers" equates to me making less money than those before me. Its garbage.
Did you ever think about going full time? If you do this you won't have to worry about getting your five hours and making a wage that you feel is inferior.

mikejonesjr

Did you ever think about going full time? If you do this you won't have to worry about getting your five hours and making a wage that you feel is inferior.
I initially didn't want to but seeing how these contracts get :censored2:tier for part timers I might have to. And now I'll be able to take an inferior paying driver rate as well. Best contract ever

Days

That's a fair solution in my eyes. Catch up raises please for sanity's sake

F

Frankie's Friend

Prove your worth.
Or are you just a paid keyboard referee?

Few know how much is in the pie except those that read it or negotiated and even tho it's negotiations without membership involvement outside of the proposal meeting you still swing that club at us saying "there's something in this cba for everyone" and yet goad us for not knowing what's at stake and not being privy to all the details.

SMH at another supposed ibt leader in the know but demeans common members for being in the dark and reacting to the limited info we've received.

Baghdad Bob. That's a good comparison.

Hethatbeking

I am a package handler and honestly have little interest currently in becoming a driver. So what concerns me is the raise, not touching the current benefits, and the spread of automation which is a pretty scary reality to me.
Well did you catch the language that allows the company to fire you based on technology?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I know this is going to get me flamed off the boards but please hear me and my situation out.

I have been working part time for the company for almost two years at one of the biggest hubs in the country. Additionally I work another job in the evening and the overlap equals to working 7 days a week which sucks but it's what I need to do to pay the bills and still be able to put a little aside for the future. So this crying about working on Sundays means little to me, I do it right now as it is.

This contract is proposing to give me a $1.50 raise immediately plus the annual progression (which doesn't suck as bad as retail where you are LUCKY to see a .40 raise) and I get to keep my Healthcare plan which is something I have never been able to afford on my own as well as keep my paid holidays and additional benefits that I would never see in (almost) any other business.

You want me to feel sorry for you drivers who were complaining about the crazy amount of hours you worked during peak and even threatened a slow down but now turn around and whine that they are cutting into your hours with the new hybrid drivers, are you for real?!

TL: DR This contract is almost exactly what I as a part timer was looking for, a big enough raise to consider the possibility of dropping my other job as well as no reduction in benefits.

Tell me why I should turn my back on that and threaten my future for yours?
I don't care what you feel for us drivers. You've never been one so you have no idea what the job entails. BUT we have all been part time. We know what your job entails and the sacrifices you have to take to become a driver. There is a difference between overtime and excessive overtime. None of mind working 5 to7 hours a week of o.t. but 55-60 hours a week all year then 70 hours during peak. That is stupid and it's not even worth the money. For most of us. Some people like all the o.t. they can get.

Box Ox

his contract is almost exactly what I as a part timer was looking for, a big enough raise to consider the possibility of dropping my other job as well as no reduction in benefits.

Tell me why I should turn my back on that and threaten my future for yours?

See the Harassment, Dishonesty & Technology, and Poverty Wages for Part-Timers sections below. See all of them if you think you might ever become a FT driver someday.

oFMcNoF.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Remember, Members don't like split raises, but you are ready to have a split in your wage of lets say 6 to 10 months of retro pay.
Dear God, you're so full of crap.

Lying to people telling them if they don't accept the first offer the second will be worse, when in reality it will get better.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

M

MenInBrown

I think this may be part of the problem. Seems you are more worried about negotiating instead of the content of the negotiations.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

You mean pork the part timer again, damn they don't make enough already. Stealing from their meager pension benefits to boast the GWI in order to pass this contract is just another fine example of cut and run to save the privileged few.

reginald95

Anyone forget to mention part-timers have the option to decline the hybrid driver position? When you apply to to become a TCD or Full-time driver you fill an application then when ur number is up hr calls u and you accept or decline.

Part-timers simply can wait for a regular full time position to open up.