Part timers attention !!

VITOGOLD

We need to get together,join your local and get the numbers on our side..if we dont,the future is grimm !!

Last edited:

brown_trousers

You are about 30 years too late. That started in '77 and continues.

I guess you could lose whatever little you have left.

Agreed, the only way they can afford to pay our full timers the highest wages in our industry is by the cheap back breaking labor of part timers.

its kind of weird to think that 2 people with the same seniority doing the same job, like unloading, make two very different hourly wages just because one is full time and the other part time

over9five

Staff member
I've said it a million times, so why not once more:
The part timers could run the union and get whatever wage they wanted if only they'd attend union meetings and vote.
They outnumber full timers at least 3 to 1.

slantnosechevy

Only 20% of the people from any walk of life have the guts to stand up for themselves. It takes extreme measures to motivate anyone these days. Even then most are sheeple and that includes both part-time and full-time at UPS. Still...that's 20% higher than management.

brown_trousers

I've said it a million times, so why not once more:
The part timers could run the union and get whatever wage they wanted if only they'd attend union meetings and vote.
They outnumber full timers at least 3 to 1.

I think you would find a very large number of part-timers that like the system the way it is. Most of us aren't planning on staying part-time forever, and we are more than happy to work for cheap now, if it means really high wages after we go full-time.

from my perspective, its more of an investment of time. I would actually take a part-time paycut in the next contract, if it means I will be making even MORE money when I finally go full-time.

just looking at the math;

-spend 7 years making poverty level income as a part-timer,
then 30 years of high income as a full-timer

- or (if we negotiate better pt wages, at the expense of ft wages)

-spend 7 years making just above poverty level as a part-timer,
then 30 years of average income as a full-timer

I'll take some poverty now, if it means success in the future!

VITOGOLD

OVER9FIVE...Thats what my post is all about. If we,the part timers join the UNION( I am UNION),we WILL have the numbers to vote on what is FAIR to part timers..We just need for more folks to stand up and join for our FAIR part time wages/Hours!

VITOGOLD

not if More of us join and get the nembers on our side !! thats what has to happen...we run UPS as part timers almost 3 to 1..we are the back bone !!

AssistantSanta

not if More of us join and get the nembers on our side !! thats what has to happen...we run UPS as part timers almost 3 to 1..we are the back bone !!
I maybe missing something, but isn't collective bargaining supposed to be about bargaining for all? Here in non RTW state, everyone has to pay agency fee, yet I feel that PTers who are forced to pay these fees are not given fair deal. Union is unwilling to compromise on "top rate pay drivers" for the purpose of allocating reasonable wages to PTers.

If they're taking PTers dues and I feel like they've got obligations to compromise on high seniority employees so PTers can get a decent pay.

How about helpers year around? That will create more PT jobs and at the same time ease driver concerns about long hours. The union is very opposed to helpers though.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I maybe missing something, but isn't collective bargaining supposed to be about bargaining for all? Here in non RTW state, everyone has to pay agency fee, yet I feel that PTers who are forced to pay these fees are not given fair deal. Union is unwilling to compromise on "top rate pay drivers" for the purpose of allocating reasonable wages to PTers.

If they're taking PTers dues and I feel like they've got obligations to compromise on high seniority employees so PTers can get a decent pay.

How about helpers year around? That will create more PT jobs and at the same time ease driver concerns about long hours. The union is very opposed to helpers though.

The Teamsters is essentially a political organization where the officials have to get elected.

If part-timers do not participate and vote then their needs are not taken care of.

The Teamsters takes care of those that vote.

philmydoyle

Just file
part timers get involved with your local cause they will take our benefits away if we let them and remember the only reason we have them is because of the union!!!