Pay Raises are now Official

whenIgetthere

Maybe the camera feature is ready to go in the wonderful, efficient powerpads and we are going to take pictures when we leave pkgs at apt doors. Great. I hope the test station isn't in Honestyville Iowa. I can't imagine leaving a pkg outside an apt door in some of the bldgs I deliver to. Did anyone watch Frontline and listen when MT3 said "listen to this next thing I say very carefully?" Kind of sounded like a code 8 is an RDL and we will have to do reatts. Most of my code 8's are apartments, the rest are ISR/DSR. So, new policy everything gets left, no reatts no RDLs--win-win. If the leasing office is one that won't sign then it's drop and go.

Test station is in Massachusetts. I will keep prodding my source for info and how it is going.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We leave millions of resi pkgs each year w/out it happening... If you don't think it's a good idea to release a pkg, don't do it. You're making this more difficult than it has to be.

No, FedEx is doing something stupid to generate more cash. As newgirl mentioned, maybe we'll have to start taking pictures of the pkg too when we release it so FedEx is covered. I can see it now. "What's your Picture Release Compliance Rate (PRCR)?" Just one more thing to do in a job that is already burdened with too many restrictions and requirements.

As usual, it's all about the money. Common sense has no place in decisions that are made by the Memphoids.

CJinx

You should hope that they don't intend to use the camera functions in the scanners. The QAA scanners (Star III) crash at least once when uploading photos when processing overgoods(usually 15-30 photos a session). I can't imagine what would happen if you tried to upload 100+. Do the Star IV's have camera functionality? I've yet to get a chance to actually play with one. Did the cameras ever serve a purpose on the Star III's, outside of station usage?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, FedEx is doing something stupid to generate more cash. As newgirl mentioned, maybe we'll have to start taking pictures of the pkg too when we release it so FedEx is covered. I can see it now. "What's your Picture Release Compliance Rate (PRCR)?" Just one more thing to do in a job that is already burdened with too many restrictions and requirements.

The rumored release policy is rumored to be in testing at one station, and you're making such a big deal about it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Did anyone watch Frontline and listen when MT3 said "listen to this next thing I say very carefully?" Kind of sounded like a code 8 is an RDL and we will have to do reatts.

He has stated several times that if you Code 8 a business in the P1 cycle before their posted opening time, then you are to reatt before the end of the P1 cycle. I'm not aware that it's enforced much at all, though. If the business calls in and says that you attempted before their posted opening time, dispatch may send you a message telling you to reatt. No idea if it's actually recorded as a late if you don't.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Did anyone watch Frontline and listen when MT3 said "listen to this next thing I say very carefully?" Kind of sounded like a code 8 is an RDL and we will have to do reatts.

I saw it.

Nothing more than hot button of the month. And next month it'll be something else.

So we go back and do a reattempt and what's guarantee the customer will be there? If not it's still gonna' be an 08. Besides doing this will mess with couriers SPH. Then MT3 will be whining about that too.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't, the ultimate company policy.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

He has stated several times that if you Code 8 a business in the P1 cycle before their posted opening time, then you are to reatt before the end of the P1 cycle. I'm not aware that it's enforced much at all, though. If the business calls in and says that you attempted before their posted opening time, dispatch may send you a message telling you to reatt. No idea if it's actually recorded as a late if you don't.

It is counted as an RDL, just like it is on the FO side. What happens when you finish your P1 cycle and you can't get back to that stop? I know on my FO route, it is understood that a majority of the time, you aren't going to make it back in time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It is counted as an RDL, just like it is on the FO side. What happens when you finish your P1 cycle and you can't get back to that stop? I know on my FO route, it is understood that a majority of the time, you aren't going to make it back in time.

Another exercise in futility. Plus, your SPH will be reduced if you have to come all the way back across town to get the business you attempted at 0850, but didn't open until 0900. Think of all the SOS you could have delivered. More hocus-pocus so the customer knows that "FedEx Cares".

newgirl

OK..I didn't hear the posted open times part. It just sounded like code 8 is a late unless you get it delivered at some point during the day.

SmithBarney

I doubt they would turn the camera function on, they had to disable GPS because it was killing the batteries by noon..
We Can't connect to the STA network in the mornings otherwise the batteries are dead by 3pm.

I release where it seems safe, and that's about it.

fedex_rtd

The pay raise is NOT official...Memphis we have a problem here.

I pulled up my pay today along with another employee, both of us are in the 3rd quarter of pay. I only got a 3% raise, he got a 4.2% raise, so something is amiss, not sure what it is, but I suggest that everyone needs to pull up their pay scale in IMS and double check it. If it is NOT what you were told earlier then you should talk with your manager. It is her or his job to help figure this problem out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The pay raise is NOT official...Memphis we have a problem here.

I pulled up my pay today along with another employee, both of us are in the 3rd quarter of pay. I only got a 3% raise, he got a 4.2% raise, so something is amiss, not sure what it is, but I suggest that everyone needs to pull up their pay scale in IMS and double check it. If it is NOT what you were told earlier then you should talk with your manager. It is her or his job to help figure this problem out.

Oooops.

SmithBarney

co-worker had me check mine today, and neither of us showed any change.... I'm pretty sure it will show changed next week when we get our checks, even the JCATS2 screen will be down next week, due to pay changes.(according to the notice on the site)

fedex_rtd

Just talked to another co-worker, he said his showed a 3.6% raise he was expecting 5% I suspect there may be a problem with the big pay computer in Memphis, pull up yours in the morning or before you go home on Wed. if yours is messed up make SURE you talk to your co-workers. I just contacted 15 drivers to tell them about this, can't wait for the ****storm to start at our station. LOL

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's always interseting to note that whenever the "big pay computer" screws up, it always shortchanges the employee.

Then again I'm not surprised.

fedex_rtd

Got some feedback today from management that the problem IS in the computer system, and that HR will have this fixed by Monday.