Peak 2019 started this Sunday!

It will be fine

Dead wrong on that one pal. They decide who you the contractor hires and who you the contractor will fire. Contractor employees are fully subjected to the policies and disciplines of a contractor's employees . Oh, he might make half hearted attempt to try to stick up for the guy they want him to fire but few if any do.
Wrong

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dead wrong on that one pal. They decide who you the contractor hires and who you the contractor will fire. Contractor employees are fully subjected to the policies and disciplines of a contractor's employees .

Oh, you mean for violating terms that the contractor agreed to uphold? The guy who sold out (you remember, the one you said got screwed because... something) told me about a guy he had to fire for falsely coding a business stop as closed when he never made an attempt. I've long forgotten the rest of the details but that's hardly "Ground controls who you hire and fire."

bacha29

You don't have to do it personally because you're big enough to hire a couple of lap dogs to do your bidding for you. And more importantly you've been around long enough to that when it comes to contractor employees they have no legal recourse of any kind when it comes to the disciplines and punishments that are handed down by Fedex.

ManInBrown

Lolol at the clown saying fedex ground and UPS are the same dead end job. Let me give everyone here a little advice. Dont ever pay attention to one other thing this poster says.

bacha29

Oh, you mean for violating terms that the contractor agreed to uphold? The guy who sold out (you remember, the one you said got screwed because... something) told me about a guy he had to fire for falsely coding a business stop as closed when he never made an attempt. I've long forgotten the rest of the details but that's hardly "Ground controls who you hire and fire."
And what legal recourse and right of appeal did that employee have? Was he provided with an employment contract that clearly outlined the specific offenses that could result in termination?

Of course it wouldn't come directly from Fedex because it might just serve as evidence that he is in reality a Fedex employee after all. This in turn means that Fedex can order the termination of the contractor's employee for any reason that suits the moment because Fedex is not bound to or restricted by any specific termination language.

And furthermore believe it or not the cold fact is that Fedex either approves or rejects whether or not a prospective applicant can become an employee of the contractor..... And BTW that individual you speak of was terminated at the direction of Fedex even though he wasn't a Fedex employee. This in turn proves conclusively that contractors are in reality simply powerless administrators.

It will be fine

You don't have to do it personally because you're big enough to hire a couple of lap dogs to do your bidding for you. And more importantly you've been around long enough to that when it comes to contractor employees they have no legal recourse of any kind when it comes to the disciplines and punishments that are handed down by Fedex.
You are just wrong about the whole thing. FedEx literally has no idea who I hire or fire and my reasons for doing either. If you can pass a drug test and background check I can hire you. Don’t steal or falsify anything and FedEx can’t DQ you. I could continue to employ a DQd driver but there’s not a whole lot else for them to do.

bacha29

You are just wrong about the whole thing. FedEx literally has no idea who I hire or fire and my reasons for doing either. If you can pass a drug test and background check I can hire you. Don’t steal or falsify anything and FedEx can’t DQ you. I could continue to employ a DQd driver but there’s not a whole lot else for them to do.
But if accused of stealing the burden of proof still should rest on X not the current situation whereby your guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. There's no formal hearing no arbitration process no opportunity for due for process of law.

Do you offer your employees arbitration or a similar forum giving them a chance to clear their name and preserve their employment record? Of course not. You're just another one of Fedex's coffee boys .

And please spare me. Nobody gets behind the wheel a fedex branded vehicle unless they first approve it.

It will be fine

But if accused of stealing the burden of proof still should rest on X not the current situation whereby your guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. There's no formal hearing no arbitration process no opportunity for due for process of law.

Do you offer your employees arbitration or a similar forum giving them a chance to clear their name and preserve their employment record? Of course not. You're just another one of Fedex's coffee boys .

And please spare me. Nobody gets behind the wheel a fedex branded vehicle unless they first approve it.
You’re still wrong. Yes there are investigations and a dispute process.

59 Dano

And what legal recourse and right of appeal did that employee have? Was he provided with an employment contract that clearly outlined the specific offenses that could result in termination?

Of course it wouldn't come directly from Fedex because it might just serve as evidence that he is in reality a Fedex employee after all. This in turn means that Fedex can order the termination of the contractor's employee for any reason that suits the moment because Fedex is not bound to or restricted by any specific termination language.

And furthermore believe it or not the cold fact is that Fedex either approves or rejects whether or not a prospective applicant can become an employee of the contractor..... And BTW that individual you speak of was terminated at the direction of Fedex even though he wasn't a Fedex employee. This in turn proves conclusively that contractors are in reality simply powerless administrators.

I'll give you this -- you will never let facts or people who have a clue deter you from the faith you have in your wild theories.

59 Dano

I dunno, you tell me -- what did his employer's contract say?

59 Dano

What makes you certain that one even existed?

The fact that he said he had one.

WAIT!! LET ME GUESS!!! He probably didn't have one and you know this because [insert advanced algebraic reasoning] and he lied to me in order to preserve the lie.

bacha29

The fact that he said he had one.

WAIT!! LET ME GUESS!!! He probably didn't have one and you know this because [insert advanced algebraic reasoning] and he lied to me in order to preserve the lie.
Go back and look at your prior posts. You made no mention whatsoever regarding the existence of a formal employment contract being presented to the terminated employee.

XEQaF

Yes FedEx controls who you hire with their approval process of past driving experiences, driving record as well as background check. They can also disqualify a driver based on their own bias judgement and they won't provide you written documentation as to why they are disqualifying a driver. which they know backs you in a corner because contractors hire drivers, if they can't drive then it's hard to keep them employed

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Whatever you say, buddy. I know you have a million excuses for why you chose not to build a business. I went a different way and it’s paying off well. It was an opportunity I wouldn’t have gotten had I started at UPS. UPS would have been a dead end, today many people call me boss and their job depends on my decision to employ them. Spin whatever tales make you happy but that’s reality.
how is the job you paid for not a dead end?

You gonna be at fedex corporate one day?

You really like to pat yourself on the back don’t you boss

It will be fine

how is the job you paid for not a dead end?

You gonna be at fedex corporate one day?

You really like to pat yourself on the back don’t you boss
I never paid for a job. Every year my company grows. I suppose I’ve reached the dead end as corporate president. Every year I hire more support staff and handle fewer responsibilities myself.
I think it takes a healthy arrogance to be a business owner, it’s not for everyone.

bacha29

I never paid for a job. Every year my company grows. I suppose I’ve reached the dead end as corporate president. Every year I hire more support staff and handle fewer responsibilities myself.
I think it takes a healthy arrogance to be a business owner, it’s not for everyone.
You're just a fedex coffee boy. You do not sit on the board. You do not participate in any strategic planning or any confidential company meetings. They just hand you a new set of demands for which they are no real negotiations no right of refusal and if you do not bow to every single demand not matter how unjust or outrageous it might be .....it's hasta lavista baby because face it, they've got you right by the balls . Why do we know this? Fat Freddy wouldn't have it any other way and no outside vendor will ever deal with Fat Freddy from a position of strength or have an advantage of any kind.

You're just the booger somebody flipped on the windshield of his limo.......and don't forget when they send you for coffee......bring some donuts back with you.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I take it by that last sentence your assuming I don’t own my own construction company.

so please, tell me what it’s like to own fedex.