Peak 2019 started this Sunday!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow. I would say stop giving a rat's arse about the market because it doesn't give one about you, but it's obviously too late in your case.

Imagine if upstate had been on the negotiating team: "Our first offer is a 40 percent pay cut for all RPCDs." UPS: "Deal!"

Wasn't the same accomplished with the 22.4's?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Should collegiate athletes be compensated?
Piss poor deflection.

A negotiated collective bargaining will correctly determine the value of labor over what any company will offer. If a UPS driver wasn't worth $40/hr., the company wouldn't agree to pay that much. If the company is shorting its budget elsewhere to cover the labor cost, it's a poorly run company.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A negotiated collective bargaining will correctly determine the value of labor over what any company will offer. If a UPS driver wasn't worth $40/hr., the company wouldn't agree to pay that much. If the company is shorting its budget elsewhere to cover the labor cost, it's a poorly run company.

Let's not get crazy. You've got two special interests, each trying to pull things further into its favor. After a negotiated collective bargaining agreement is reached, each side will say it's something they can live with but that they had to give up (too much, a lot, etc.) to get it. When the next one rolls around each side will say they deserve more because of what they let slide last time. The correctly determined value of the labor is determined by math, not by negotiations.

59 Dano

Both. Colleges make $ off sports. There is no reason athletes shouldn't be fairly compensated as well.
They are compensated with a free college education that includes tuition, room and board, books, meals, and exposure should they choose to play sports after they leave college. I don't care if they get paid or not, but they are fairly compensated and many of them wouldn't even see the parking lot of a college were it not for their athletic ability.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Let's not get crazy. You've got two special interests, each trying to pull things further into its favor. After a negotiated collective bargaining agreement is reached, each side will say it's something they can live with but that they had to give up (too much, a lot, etc.) to get it. When the next one rolls around each side will say they deserve more because of what they let slide last time. The correctly determined value of the labor is determined by math, not by negotiations.
Did Fred teach you that philosophy at Fantasyland?

bacha29

I’ve never been better staffed than this peak. I currently have too many trained people, but cool story.
Perhaps so in your very small piece of a very large country. "Cool story" or not the ulterior motive as to WHY you're a contractor still remains and it most definitely is NOT "growing a business". it's simply an agreement to be a union free supplier of very cheap inputs nothing more than that and totally subjugates the supplier to the absolute will and power of that company.

It will be fine

Perhaps so in your very small piece of a very large country. "Cool story" or not the ulterior motive as to WHY you're a contractor still remains and it most definitely is NOT "growing a business". it's simply an agreement to be a union free supplier of very cheap inputs nothing more than that and totally subjugates the supplier to the absolute will and power of that company.
Whatever you say, buddy. I know you have a million excuses for why you chose not to build a business. I went a different way and it’s paying off well. It was an opportunity I wouldn’t have gotten had I started at UPS. UPS would have been a dead end, today many people call me boss and their job depends on my decision to employ them. Spin whatever tales make you happy but that’s reality.

bacha29

Whatever you say, buddy. I know you have a million excuses for why you chose not to build a business. I went a different way and it’s paying off well. It was an opportunity I wouldn’t have gotten had I started at UPS. UPS would have been a dead end, today many people call me boss and their job depends on my decision to employ them. Spin whatever tales make you happy but that’s reality.
If some time in the near future you happen to take ownership of a legitimate business please, let me know because what you have right now is so captive, so restrictive, so completely subjugated to your one and only customer it is in no way shape or form a "business" As for "my decision to employ them" , you only employ them if FXG says you can employ them.

It still comes down to the same inescapable reality.....As long as FXG's DOT operating authority is on the side of the trucks you operate, the only brand that can go on the side of them FXG's, the only freight than can go in them is FXG branded freight, the only person that can drive the truck is an FXG approved operator, the only attire he can wear is FXG approved attire, the only area he can service is an FXG granted and approved service area, the rules of driver conduct and public interaction are all FXG's despite the fact that he's your employee not theirs etc,etc, then therefore and most importantly when the fate of that so called "business" is entirely in the hands of someone other than yourself you do not in any way shape or form "own your own business" .

Spin it any way you want but that's the reality because it's the one that most completely represents the true facts of the matter.

It will be fine

If some time in the near future you happen to take ownership of a legitimate business please, let me know because what you have right now is so captive, so restrictive, so completely subjugated to your one and only customer it is in no way shape or form a "business" As for "my decision to employ them" , you only employ them if FXG says you can employ them.

It still comes down to the same inescapable reality.....As long as FXG's DOT operating authority is on the side of the trucks you operate, the only brand that can go on the side of them FXG's, the only freight than can go in them is FXG branded freight, the only person that can drive the truck is an FXG approved operator, the only attire he can wear is FXG approved attire, the only area he can service is an FXG granted and approved service area, the rules of driver conduct and public interaction are all FXG's despite the fact that he's your employee not theirs etc,etc, then therefore and most importantly when the fate of that so called "business" is entirely in the hands of someone other than yourself you do not in any way shape or form "own your own business" .

Spin it any way you want but that's the reality because it's the one that most completely represents the true facts of the matter.
9ABF15EA-AEAB-43EC-978E-45B651D549D6.gif

59 Dano

Ah. Does that mean the local Domino's franchisee isn't a legitimate business owner? The only thing he can sell at any of his restaurants is food that Domino's approves (if not demands), purchased from approved vendors; his employees are to be hired based largely on Domino's requirements, their dress code is controlled by Domino's, their code of conduct is largely determined by Domino's; Domino's also restricts other Domino's franchisees from operating within his area...

Tell us bacha... does this franchisee who boasts ownership of 12 restaurants "own his own business"?

It will be fine

Ah. Does that mean the local Domino's franchisee isn't a legitimate business owner? The only thing he can sell at any of his restaurants is food that Domino's approves (if not demands), purchased from approved vendors; his employees are to be hired based largely on Domino's requirements, their dress code is controlled by Domino's, their code of conduct is largely determined by Domino's; Domino's also restricts other Domino's franchisees from operating within his area...

Tell us bacha... does this franchisee who boasts ownership of 12 restaurants "own his own business"?
I was talking to a guy at a fundraiser the other day. He was on the corporate side of managing service provider agreements and franchises. He thought I had more freedom than a franchisee. His main point was I am free to leave at any time with my fleet when the contract ends. This creates an incentive for both sides to treat each other fairly. We didn’t get very specific but it was an interesting take from someone on the other side of similar arrangements.

bacha29

But can Domino's control, discipline, punish and terminate the franchisee's own employees in the same manner FXG does contractor employees? FXG contractors do not hold franchise rights. It is simply a supplier agreement and the product FXG acquires from the contractor is described as "purchased transportation". Supplying labor to FXG that FXG controls and directs is the task of a registered and licensed labor lessor or staffing agency. The contractor is neither.