Peak 2019 started this Sunday!

zeev

Talked to Express courier who worked for ground said a continuous ad on Craigslist is their employment agency. Wait till Amazon is taking residentials this will free up UPS to concentrate on businesses than we will see what these ground routes are worth.

Serf

Our Station hired almost a dozen ppl thinking they were going to staff up for peak. Half of them quit.

Call me old fashioned. Your scholarship & everything that comes with it is compensation enough. Especially considering most times University made exceptions for the athletes ho hum academic record.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whatever you say, buddy. I know you have a million excuses for why you chose not to build a business. I went a different way and it’s paying off well. It was an opportunity I wouldn’t have gotten had I started at UPS. UPS would have been a dead end, today many people call me boss and their job depends on my decision to employ them. Spin whatever tales make you happy but that’s reality.

Keep in mind that your business depends upon their decision to show up to work every day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I can see why the consensus on this forum is that you are a dick.
4BEFFBCF-305A-40E7-8946-00BCF7065B23.gif

pot meet kettle

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I was talking to a guy at a fundraiser the other day. He was on the corporate side of managing service provider agreements and franchises. He thought I had more freedom than a franchisee. His main point was I am free to leave at any time with my fleet when the contract ends. This creates an incentive for both sides to treat each other fairly. We didn’t get very specific but it was an interesting take from someone on the other side of similar arrangements.

Yeah, but jing weeds day one etc. etc. etc.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
But can Domino's control, discipline, punish and terminate the franchisee's own employees in the same manner FXG does contractor employees?

To an extent, yes.

FXG contractors do not hold franchise rights. It is simply a supplier agreement and the product FXG acquires from the contractor is described as "purchased transportation". Supplying labor to FXG that FXG controls and directs is the task of a registered and licensed labor lessor or staffing agency. The contractor is neither.

FXG doesn't control the labor. Maybe you missed the court cases.

bacha29

To an extent, yes.

FXG doesn't control the labor. Maybe you missed the court cases.
Dead wrong on that one pal. They decide who you the contractor hires and who you the contractor will fire. Contractor employees are fully subjected to the policies and disciplines of a contractor's employees . Oh, he might make half hearted attempt to try to stick up for the guy they want him to fire but few if any do.

bacha29

Dead wrong on that one pal. They decide who you the contractor hires and who you the contractor will fire. Contractor employees are fully subjected to the policies and disciplines of a contractor's employees . Oh, he might make half hearted attempt to try to stick up for the guy they want him to fire but few if any do.
Correction: The policies and disciplines of Fedex Ground. I saw that on many occasions . The contractor could only stand their with their thumb up their posterior