Peak Information

The Real Jack RyanMI6

If you write in a journal you'll have probably twice as much to write about, however only 2% of what you write will make sense 6 months later. Thats about when you'll recover. And then youll have 3 months to find a new job or do it all over again. The problem is peak is like meth. Once you do it its habit forming and hellish to stop even with intervention. So chose wisely or youll end up measuring your life and career from peak to peak as the rest of us do

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
If you write in a journal you'll have probably twice as much to write about, however only 2% of what you write will make sense 6 months later. Thats about when you'll recover. And then youll have 3 months to find a new job or do it all over again. The problem is peak is like meth. Once you do it its habit forming and hellish to stop even with intervention. So chose wisely or youll end up measuring your life and career from peak to peak as the rest of us do
What drugs did you take before you wrote this and where can I get some?

Elmo.goes.to.prom

Cardboard as far as the eye can see.

Peak isn't too horrible if your building can accommodate the volume.

What makes it miserable in our building is the cold. Building has no heat and new hires are loading outside in fruit stands.

I load for retail stores. My peak is now. By Thanksgiving my peak is pretty much over.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Some sup told me that we go through 18,000+ packages a day. Idk where that ranks in other places.

Ya thats pretty common. The way time goes it doesn’t feel like it. You should hit some lull periods. Especially since there are storms that get intense during the winter and it holds the airports up. At that point youll go home or ascend and become a porter.

Heavy Package

what am I to expect?

UPS has it all figured out. Management will ensure a smooth season all the way.

UPS_PeakSeason.jpg

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
UPS has it all figured out. Management will ensure a smooth season all the way.

UPS_PeakSeason.jpg

And to think they paid someone to do this while us drivers the face of the company! are having our OT takin from us so this johnny pencil pusher can sit behind a computer and convey a message thay they dont undersrand just so they can show how creative they are.

I dont see anything about the high pressure system in louiville that is going to Delay the friendg airport or railway.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
As someone who has not worked at UPS during peak before, seeing as that moment is rapping upon our door what am I to expect? In terms of hours, pay, flow, volume what have you. I did some searching on the forums and have not found what I am looking for, before you smartasses pull that on me.

Every day will be like your birthday and Christmas combined. You supervisor will give you a gold star to wear on you shirt just for showing up every day. Customers will give you hot cocoa and cookies at every stop, so you should try and lose a few pounds before it starts. When it is over, you will be counting the days until Peak 2019. I envy you my friend - you are in for the time of your life!

Zowert

This whole week all I have been hearing about from drivers down to loaders and even sups is how peak is like storming Omaha beach with MGs just cutting everyone down.

More like Utah Beach. Most will make it but a few will fall. We are already getting slammed at my center. The last month has been 60 hour weeks.