Peak Mode Is For cowards

Est.1998

If we all did this, who'd report Managers working or other people working off the clock? I appreciate the old timers schooling the new guys.
I never cared about supes working as long as it wasn't at the expense of a union bro/sis.
As far as working off the clock, person wants to "donate" their services, let them.
I like to get paid for my work but to each their own.
In both instances, I'm focusing more on what's going on with me than them.

542thruNthru

Watch it, Bills are winning it this year!!
tenor-24.gif

35years

Gravy route
Sheet as “missed” (or NSN, NI1 if you’re a coward) and it goes back out for delivery then the next day. Or a slow down but not stop at a stop sign.
We were rolling 10 trailers worth of stops every day a few years ago.

I was bringing back 100+ missed stops each night to stay under 14 hours. Every driver in our center was working 70 hrs a week and no where near finishing the stops each night.

Some packages were on my shelf 7 and 8 for two weeks running.

Drivers going out with 600+ stops.

This year is nothing. The 2 year drivers think this rush is so bad...yeah whatever.

Overpaid Union Thug

We were rolling 10 trailers worth of stops every day a few years ago.

I was bringing back 100+ missed stops each night to stay under 14 hours. Every driver in our center was working 70 hrs a week and no where near finishing the stops each night.

Some packages were on my shelf 7 and 8 for two weeks running.

Drivers going out with 600+ stops.

This year is nothing. The 2 year drivers think this rush is so bad...yeah whatever.
How does that even happen? Bad weather?

35years

Gravy route
Look at the time got the text below.

That year we were stretching the 14 hour rule to run out of 70 hours before Friday was over...The rule about having to have 8 left to force you in on Saturday didn't exist yet.

Stop driving at 14 hours, but they would sign for paid break after working up to 14. So your punchout was 13 hours and 59 minutes but you were paid for break in addition to that. They said you only needed 10 hours from when you punched out to punch in the next day even though you were paid for 14 hours and 20 minutes.

If you couldn't make it to the bldg in 14, you had to stop driving and the supervisor would come to drive you in.
Funny how the hard and fast rules go out the door when tens of thousands of stops are missed.

They forced me in on a Saturday when I had 68.5 hours in already. Preload was late getting done. I drove out, did one stop and drove back.
Nnn_211127_235431.jpg

Attachments

• Stop counts_211127_233250.jpg
    Stop counts_211127_233250.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

JustDeliverIt

Look at the time got the text below.

That year we were stretching the 14 hour rule to run out of 70 hours before Friday was over...The rule about having to have 8 left to force you in on Saturday didn't exist yet.

Stop driving at 14 hours, but they would sign for paid break after working up to 14. So your punchout was 13 hours and 59 minutes but you were paid for break in addition to that. They said you only needed 10 hours from when you punched out to punch in the next day even though you were paid for 14 hours and 20 minutes.

If you couldn't make it to the bldg in 14, you had to stop driving and the supervisor would come to drive you in.
Funny how the hard and fast rules go out the door when tens of thousands of stops are missed.

They forced me in on a Saturday when I had 68.5 hours in already. Preload was late getting done. I drove out, did one stop and drove back.View attachment 361472

Those stop counts are insane. We've had some bad years of rolling trailers and some stops missed but never anything like that even after some crazy snow storms. 5 or 6 years ago we had a storm that actually shut us down for 3 days and it still wasn't that crazy.

35years

Gravy route
It is all about greed.
Understaff to make the district manager big bucks.

Screw over a thousand drivers and thier families for one guy to get rich.

He will answer for it though. No one escapes judgement.