Peak season frustration

Liquid Red

I understand where you're coming from...I too am new (2 months) and also in small sort. These jobs aren't meant for long 8-9 hour days, it's very taxing on ones body.
But it is what it is...PEAK !! Next time just remain polite, yet firm. I would just simply state you need to take a minute breather to regroup. I usually just lean on something...someone physically sitting is frowned upon in Brownville.

Also - you never answered the question - have you been here 4 months or a year ? You've stated both in just the past few days. Which is it ?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
That does NOT work. I tried that but the pain was in my knees and I needed to get the weight off it. The fact is that I am bending over, getting on my knees, standing back up, running from one side to the other all in a span of 10 seconds. It takes a huge toll on your knees when you're getting on your knees and getting back up constantly.
not sure what job your doing at ups that you have to crawl around on your knees.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
A break after 5 hours? If you are a PTer....our break is supposed to be after the first hour and before the end of the 3rd hour. Of course we only get a 10 min break for a 9 hour shift during peak which is total BS. If you need to sit down for a moment to "catch your breath"....do it. If they complain...ask for your steward.

It varies depending on where you are located. Where I am now you get 10 minutes after 5 hours. I see an old pt supervisor of mine who transferred buildings and they get 10 minutes between the 1st and 3rd hour.

drazzy93

[
I understand where you're coming from...I too am new (2 months) and also in small sort. These jobs aren't meant for long 8-9 hour days, it's very taxing on ones body.
But it is what it is...PEAK !! Next time just remain polite, yet firm. I would just simply state you need to take a minute breather to regroup. I usually just lean on something...someone physically sitting is frowned upon in Brownville.

Also - you never answered the question - have you been here 4 months or a year ? You've stated both in just the past few days. Which is it ?

Sorry but this question was directed moreso towards people who have actually finished probation. Trust me when I say that you really don't know anything until at least 3 months in. That was when I stopped acting like my supervisors were gods.

My union steward who has been here 40+ years gave Him the finger right in front of him so yeah talk to me when you're done with probation.

drazzy93

Lol so I'm guessing u been at ups a couple months. ur right being at ups 15 years, I know nothing.

... everyone st small sorts crawls in their knees to get stuff from the bottom of the bins. Sorry but if you think there's is mo crawling you do not know anything about small sorts. Or you think your facility is how every facility is.

You can work 40 years for all I care and never work in a specific department.

Drink Craft Beer

Rant/questions about interactions with supervisors. I work in small sorts, and because of that I thankfully don't run into my FT supervisor all that often. Despite this fact, I don't really have a great impression of him.

There was a point in the past year where I lost my car, and experienced difficulty in getting to work.

341.jpg

Liquid Red

[

Sorry but this question was directed moreso towards people who have actually finished probation. Trust me when I say that you really don't know anything until at least 3 months in. That was when I stopped acting like my supervisors were gods.

My union steward who has been here 40+ years gave Him the finger right in front of him so yeah talk to me when you're done with probation.

Okay...I see where this is going. Didn't even realize I was on probation...I'll go to my corner and STFU.
Good luck with everything and maybe buy yourself some knee pads, sounds like you'll need them with that attitude of yours.