Peak season predictions

Nah
I hate to be that guy, (why the IBT allowed :censored2:ING DRIVERS TO BE PAID LESS IS BEYOND ME) a 22.4 is still doing good wage and bennies wise.

We need to get rid of the 2 tier driver wages in the next contract. If you're a "combo" worker (22.4) doing package driving you should be paid a RPCD wage, IF you're doing hub work you should be paid a "Hub" wage.

The 22.4s at my Hub HAVE NEVER!!!! worked in the Hub, and are treated as a RPCD. This is bull :censored2:.

Or at least state that 22.4s must perform a minimum of x hours of work inside the building. Failure by the company to comply results in the entire day being paid at top ground rate.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I hate to be that guy, (why the IBT allowed :censored2:ING DRIVERS TO BE PAID LESS IS BEYOND ME) a 22.4 is still doing good wage and bennies wise.

We need to get rid of the 2 tier driver wages in the next contract. If you're a "combo" worker (22.4) doing package driving you should be paid a RPCD wage, IF you're doing hub work you should be paid a "Hub" wage.

The 22.4s at my Hub HAVE NEVER!!!! worked in the Hub, and are treated as a RPCD. This is bull :censored2:.
I know huh. And they know very crappy routes lol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I predict Peak will be a disaster of epic proportions, the company has already failed dealing with the effect from the pandemic. My plan is simply to retire in the middle of October and not work anymore. I might not go back in at all, I have a stress fracture on my left foot and have enjoyed not climbing in and out of a package car the last two weeks.
Smart move. I'm looking forward to actually relaxing and enjoying Thanksgiving/Christmas for the first time in almost 30 years, it's been a little longer than that for you.

Drink Craft Beer

I think we are going to get destroyed.
Covid is going to keep people out of the stores and malls. Instead of Black Friday combat shopping, they will do everything online.
Stores like Walmart, target, Kohl's, Dick's etc.... have already said they're going to be closed on Thanksgiving this year.

They'll probably have "online only" sales to try to make up for some of the anticipated losses.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I predict Peak will be a disaster of epic proportions, the company has already failed dealing with the effect from the pandemic. My plan is simply to retire in the middle of October and not work anymore. I might not go back in at all, I have a stress fracture on my left foot and have enjoyed not climbing in and out of a package car the last two weeks.
Sorry about the foot but congrats on Retiring
Enjoy your free time and your pension you have earned it

Ghost in the Darkness

I see a lot of long walks up snowy driveways and bringing back many packages to EC each day as I max out my hours each week... all while ngaf about the companies inability to dispatch or staff correctly.

Undertow

I've heard nasty things about 2013
I think that might have been the worst one all over the country and not just the little corner of it I am in. For about 9 or 10 straight days, many of us were leaving many packages behind due to bricked out loads and nobody ever brought the stuff out once we were out on the road. It took about two and a half weeks to get all caught up and then the weather became a problem almost every day. There might have only been one day out of the final ten where we didn't have to break off for late air.

The second to last day here, We were hit with an ice storm that lasted most of the day and I had to bring nearly a hundred stops back. The final day i was greeted with an 18 hour dispatch and brought back nearly 50. The center manager started complaining at Me for not having sheeted the remaining stops as EC and I absolutely unloaded on him. Never said a word to him or even acknowledged his presence after that for the remaining three months He was there. Back then there were drivers were wondering why the management wouldn't run any Saturday ops to clean up what couldn't be finished over the 5 day week.

The more things "change", the more they seem to stay the same...

Bob11B

I’m sure 6 days a week will start soon...wait, that started in March.
Well, they will hire more 22.4s. Well, none of them are qualifying bc the younger generation can’t candle those, Orion makes it more difficult and they are making mistakes and getting in wrecks while qualifying...

We’re :censored2:ed and have no doubts the 70 hour rule will be implemented.

purehavanne

I’m sure 6 days a week will start soon...wait, that started in March.
Well, they will hire more 22.4s. Well, none of them are qualifying bc the younger generation can’t candle those, Orion makes it more difficult and they are making mistakes and getting in wrecks while qualifying...

We’re :censored2:ed and have no doubts the 70 hour rule will be implemented.
I’ve had a few 68 hr weeks this year. Guess who requested 8 hours on Saturday? I’ll give you 120 stops if you drag me out of bed on a Saturday. It’s gonna cost you though....