Peak season predictions

PizzaToUps

I hate to be that guy, (why the IBT allowed :censored2:ING DRIVERS TO BE PAID LESS IS BEYOND ME) a 22.4 is still doing good wage and bennies wise.

We need to get rid of the 2 tier driver wages in the next contract. If you're a "combo" worker (22.4) doing package driving you should be paid a RPCD wage, IF you're doing hub work you should be paid a "Hub" wage.

The 22.4s at my Hub HAVE NEVER!!!! worked in the Hub, and are treated as a RPCD. This is bull :censored2:.

I hope you realize that management will never schedule a 22.4 employee to do hub work. All they have to do is lay them off for the week which makes them get paid their inside pay rate and not their driving rate when working in the hub. They’ll also have to double shift to reach their 8 hours. 22.4 is a scam.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I think we’ll make out okay. Most people will be taking advantage of the in person looting this holiday season. That should offset stores being closed for covid. Also there’s that looming possibility of armed insurrection come November.

Methods Man

Not sure what to predict yet... E-Commerce is going to be crazy (of course), but our center is nearly hiring (supposedly) the same amount of seasonal drivers and pvds as we have full time drivers currently. With that much work force it’s going to take a lot to screw this up... The biggest obstacle I see is the room in the building for the influx In pkgs. We shall see though.

Not sure what to predict yet... E-Commerce is going to be crazy (of course), but our center is nearly hiring (supposedly) the same amount of seasonal drivers and pvds as we have full time drivers currently. With that much work force it’s going to take a lot to screw this up... The biggest obstacle I see is the room in the building for the influx In pkgs. We shall see though.
What about not having enough package cars?

ouanling

chilling here right now doing 80-95 stops a day, getting back at 6pm the latest

i'll go back to 11-12hrs day then, fully relaxed

Karma...

I figure that the increase in delivery volume will be house stops mostly multiple parcels per stops aka dr .....so its not doom and gloom...its more money and higher stock prices......win win win !.....thanks to increased density !

MrBates

So gentlemen....it's been peak all year but we are creeping up on official peak season.

How are you preparing and what do you predict will happen this year??

Maybe by the time peak rolls around all that unemployment money will be spent so people won't be able to buy a lot of things. So they'll be forced to buy all small items since they are on a budget. And then you'll have 400 to 500 small pieces to deliver, with close to 300 to 350 stops. And then dispatch will decide to PAL the items to 2341,2342,2343,2344,2345,2346,2347...

Kuroh

Just your friendly neighborhood merchant.
My only prediction will be that it sucks. As far as how I'm preparing, I kissed my free time and hobbies goodbye.

Justaloader

In my center, we're already exceeding levels that we saw during peak last year. This year, I think we won't see a massive influx of volume - as folks are already home and doing pretty much all their shopping online (or so it seems). Typically it's slow during this time of year, and then come peak we get destroyed. This year, I think / hope the only thing that will change, is the amount of staff we have on hand. During peak, we typically have 250-300 people working the twilight sort. Right now? We're running with about 150 people....and we're averaging 90,000 packages a night in a hub designed to handle 70k max. Some days we see north of 140k. It's insane. The tough part is they are killing the people they depend on as most of the crews there now are "normal" people, not seasonals. The most common thing said around the hub by most of the experienced folk is "if this crap doesn't stop soon, I'm done. This getting kicked in the nuts every single night stuff is getting old....fast". I'm starting to lean that way myself, sadly.