Peak season predictions

Scuderia

Best time to Jack a package car would be first thing in the morning

Jack a commercial route pc you might end up with things of real value, not a bunch of amazon/target garbage. Or find the furniture van that has 200+ pieces to a distributor warehouse!

Nah
Peak? Lol. The logistics network is going to crumble. Your Dear Leader has already been dismantling it during a pandemic. We have so many "suckers" and "losers" from the military (his words) in this company I'd be surprised if anything manages to get delivered.

Peak this year will be executed by corporate sleeper teams because your union isn't protecting you. Your friends who have worked next to you for decades will continue to die because of people's ignorance and arrogance while the worst of you cheer on your own demise.

1 in 3 renters face eviction. 1 in 8 Americans right now are going hungry. The only people with disposable income buying anything from our gold/silver store or hobby site are other business owners. Everyone else has been buying $5, $10 things. People have even started scamming the nearly free stuff.

Our dumpster stopped being filled with TV boxes and beer bottles eight weeks ago. Now all that's thrown away is stuff people cant carry with them, and the walls and carpet that maintenance had to tear down after they move out.

We are still slaying it thanks to those customers who are supporting other businesses where possible. This will not last. We are keenly aware of what our numbers have been telling us.

There isn't gonna be Christmas this year. Not in the same capacity it has been the last 100 yrs. The holiday weekend is gonna be the dagger in America's ribs and, ironically, Thanksgiving will probably be the last nail in the coffin. What a world.

Imagine believing...any of this...

Poop Head

Judge me.
Peak? Lol. The logistics network is going to crumble. Your Dear Leader has already been dismantling it during a pandemic. We have so many "suckers" and "losers" from the military (his words) in this company I'd be surprised if anything manages to get delivered.

Peak this year will be executed by corporate sleeper teams because your union isn't protecting you. Your friends who have worked next to you for decades will continue to die because of people's ignorance and arrogance while the worst of you cheer on your own demise.

1 in 3 renters face eviction. 1 in 8 Americans right now are going hungry. The only people with disposable income buying anything from our gold/silver store or hobby site are other business owners. Everyone else has been buying $5, $10 things. People have even started scamming the nearly free stuff.

Our dumpster stopped being filled with TV boxes and beer bottles eight weeks ago. Now all that's thrown away is stuff people cant carry with them, and the walls and carpet that maintenance had to tear down after they move out.

We are still slaying it thanks to those customers who are supporting other businesses where possible. This will not last. We are keenly aware of what our numbers have been telling us.

There isn't gonna be Christmas this year. Not in the same capacity it has been the last 100 yrs. The holiday weekend is gonna be the dagger in America's ribs and, ironically, Thanksgiving will probably be the last nail in the coffin. What a world.
Arent you the guy that takes pictures of mushrooms?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
your newbies are crying with 150 stops, each building across the usa will be so full of damages caused from poor handling inside and the 65% increase in e regs. You guys are screwed and have been screwed for the past 5 months. ups needs to stop hiring fat asses to drive , sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings. They should rent vacant warehouses for the damages and process them out of the way of everything. When I sweep my assigned areas, there are in building packages still covered by forever bags for the past 4 weeks. No one does sh inside due to the lack of organization.

upsbeernut

My Hub is "relying" on double/triple shifters for staffing right now.

Can't keep anyone around. 9 new blues last week, 7 of them have already quit. Monday it'll be 8 (or 9).

I can get 60-70 a week without trying.

Also, a bunch of package guys retiring + new drivers quitting.

Wonder how much yelling will come out of this peak?? I'll be entertained, just keep the $100s coming.
But don’t kill yourself, corporate doesn’t care if your package weighs 140 and you have to drag it up three flights of stairs

upsbeernut

They are laying off the seasonal at my hub starting Friday. Really :censored2:ty as now of them were told it was seasonal. All promised the moon by management. As far as peak goes we are taking it long and hard. My area slowed down drastically at least. One good perk of delivering in the hood. Now if there is another stimulus check then im back up over 200 stops (110 is my average usually 60/40 split on business sometimes 70/30) makes for a long day but I get my.laughs when I make that call that I can't fit this pickup. They never learn and that will never change.
They need to get rid of all operational reports and telematics for now and focus on how to get done with too much coming in. E reg division should be on the horizon but they will dick around for 5 years until Carol Tome retires.

upsbeernut

I agree 100 percent. They are already telling us how buried we will be when they go away. If it happens that way cool with me boss. Just remember I'm not killing myself to cover your screw ups.
At our hub ,they are moving center managers around. Why at peak season ?

WorkingAsDirected

1600446402242.png

Est.1998

They need to get rid of all operational reports and telematics for now and focus on how to get done with too much coming in. E reg division should be on the horizon but they will dick around for 5 years until Carol Tome retires.
I think you mean irregs which is short for irregular packages not E reg.
As much as i hate to admit it, telematics is keeping us on the straight and narrow.
Take that away, and a lot of drivers will be worse than Amazon, doing all kinds of unsafe actions trying to get’er done. The only solution to our problem is get more trucks, hire more drivers, and create more routes. Until then, work safe and be careful not to drown in all that money.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

New CEO came in and literally said we have been spending too much on upgrading operations. We need to learn to be more efficient with what we have.