Peak season

browniehound

I had 1 really bad day and 1 really good day on Nov. 30th and Dec. 1st. The bad day was the 30th. Besides my 15 pickups, I delivered 500 pieces at 133 stops.

I spent most of my pre-lunch day delivering businesses. At 1510 I had 39 stops done. I heard nothing but complaints when I arrived at my small businesses 2-3 hours later than normal.

My complaint is "please don't yell at me". I don't want to show up at your health food store (with your "natural remedies", ??lol, at 1615 as much as you want your stuff at 1100.

If i show up at your store at 1615 for a business delivery I don't or will never do it by choice! I always do my businesses first(with my hour lunch taken at a MUCH later hour than 95% of everyone else. For example, its taken in the area of 1400-1600. So to service my customers I take lunch from 1500-1600 (or 1400-1500 most times) and this is when most are preparing for dinner!!

I got really upset on Nov. 30th when a customer asked me why I was so late with her delivery. It was 1615 and she is a regular pick-up at 1720-1735. Most days I'm there before 1400 (for the delivery). This day I wasn't and I had 61 house calls left when I showed up for the pick-up at 1745.

I just couldn't look at her, I was so upset. She was ready to go home at 1800. She was mad that I cramed her work into 1 hour (with the rest to be left for the morning, boo-hoo). She was mad that I dumped 6 boxes of work on her at 415. I can't believe the NERVE of some people!

I don't like getting mad at customers, but I still had 3 hours of work left in the rain while she is home and snug in her bed.

I'm done being really nice and accomodating to her or anyone, anymore!. If she's not ready or (anyone) by the scheduled time I'm not waiting....

Now, I wish I could say that, but it never works. I always wait and I'm always told to wait by my boss. I can't win. Any suggestions?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Volume up. 1 driver as helper. No lay offs today. Adding a route tomorrow. No off the street helpers yet.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I had 1 really bad day and 1 really good day on Nov. 30th and Dec. 1st. The bad day was the 30th. Besides my 15 pickups, I delivered 500 pieces at 133 stops.

I spent most of my pre-lunch day delivering businesses. At 1510 I had 39 stops done. I heard nothing but complaints when I arrived at my small businesses 2-3 hours later than normal.

My complaint is "please don't yell at me". I don't want to show up at your health food store (with your "natural remedies", ??lol, at 1615 as much as you want your stuff at 1100.

If i show up at your store at 1615 for a business delivery I don't or will never do it by choice! I always do my businesses first(with my hour lunch taken at a MUCH later hour than 95% of everyone else. For example, its taken in the area of 1400-1600. So to service my customers I take lunch from 1500-1600 (or 1400-1500 most times) and this is when most are preparing for dinner!!

I got really upset on Nov. 30th when a customer asked me why I was so late with her delivery. It was 1615 and she is a regular pick-up at 1720-1735. Most days I'm there before 1400 (for the delivery). This day I wasn't and I had 61 house calls left when I showed up for the pick-up at 1745.

I just couldn't look at her, I was so upset. She was ready to go home at 1800. She was mad that I cramed her work into 1 hour (with the rest to be left for the morning, boo-hoo). She was mad that I dumped 6 boxes of work on her at 415. I can't believe the NERVE of some people!

I don't like getting mad at customers, but I still had 3 hours of work left in the rain while she is home and snug in her bed.

I'm done being really nice and accomodating to her or anyone, anymore!. If she's not ready or (anyone) by the scheduled time I'm not waiting....

Now, I wish I could say that, but it never works. I always wait and I'm always told to wait by my boss. I can't win. Any suggestions?

Are you the bid driver on this route? If not you will learn that its always harder being compared to "the way Johnny does it" because customers just do that. You have to grow a thicker hide and your bid route day wil come and you will have a better repoire with folks like the crabby one you mentioned.
I have always made peace with that type asap. Your life will be simpler in the long run when you can do that, and we all win.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Monday our twilight had 205k, mid 140k. not sure what the day had, but it was probably a half million total for the building including the day.

Tuesday a bit lighter -twi 175, mid 122.

CHEMA btw.

whiskey

I was Slamed 76 stops 237 pieces 18 pu 111 pieces 135 miles and boy am I tired now thats a fair days work for a fair days pay.
I hope you sent a message at 1630 letting them know you were done. I hate it when I'm under dispatched by an hour. Makes my loader look bad. And my pre-load soup. After an under dispatched day like you had today, I always get hammered the next day. I guess they try to get things to average out by the end of the week.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My loader does a better job after he has his bowl of "preload soup". As far as calling in if you are done early. Not. I drive it, they are responsible for dipatching it.