Penalty Pay on Grievances

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Since the new contract went into effect has anyone been denied penalty pay on any pay grievances? My BA told me today that I am not getting penalty pay on a grievance that has been outstanding for the last 8 months. BA says it is because my grievance is an interpretative issue. Has anyone heard of such a thing? The company has drug their feet on this grievance for the last 8 months, refused to pay it, delayed panel hearings, denied meetings.

705red

Browncafe Steward
The penalty clock starts ticking when the grievance is settled. If its settled today on the 18th of august ups has to have the check to you by the 28th of august and for every week after that you will be paid half of your daily guarantee until you receive it.

It does not start from the date the grievance is filed!

705red

Browncafe Steward
How would you expect penalty pay if the grievance is not settled?

I have heard of the company dragging their feet for months on grievances not an uncommon thing. But 8 months? Ups is only allowed 1 hold at panel so your case should have been heard by now. IMO

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree with you, and this is part of the problem that I have with my BA right now. It, supposedly was settled today, but it won't be paid for weeks and I will get no penalty pay for it. It has been slated for panel for the last 3 months. Delayed once by my BA, delayed once by company, last month panel said we had to have meeting with labor mgr, (didn't happen), supposed to go to panel this week and labor mgr greed to pay it but I won't get pay for at least 3 weeks. Company has done nothing but dick me around on this grievance and my BA has done nothing to help me. Now my point is this....... He said that my grievance was an interpretive issue and doesn't qualify for penalty pay. I think he is full of :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: and am now going over his head. He has thrown me under the truck for the last :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: time.

I have all the documentation I need to prove my case and he won't let me go to panel.

I agree with you, and this is part of the problem that I have with my BA right now. It, supposedly was settled today, but it won't be paid for weeks and I will get no penalty pay for it. <snip>...... He said that my grievance was an interpretive issue and doesn't qualify for penalty pay. I think he is full of :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: and am now going over his head. He has thrown me under the truck for the last :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: time.

I have all the documentation I need to prove my case and he won't let me go to panel.

Ask your BA where in the contract this language is.

tourists24

it also sounds like your BA may have been dragging his feet (trying to get UPS to pay it)before taking it to panel. Even once a grievance makes it on a panel docket, it may take a while to be heard.