Pension contribution question

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I would never attempt to start this job at that age. You’re going to speed up the destruction of your body. It’s not like he’s been used to doing it for a couple decades, and his body is conditioned to it. A 52 year old body starting from scratch as a driver? Tall order.
But hey, good luck.
Aye, respect.

542thruNthru

Good morning all, I am a relative new employee at UPS and was wondering how i start contributing to the Teamsters pension plan? Is there paperwork that needs to be filled out? Or are you automatically enrolled into the pension plan after joining the union? I am a proud member of the Local 174 in the Seattle, WA area.
You're in the Western pension.

You're JC28 and Western Region on teamsters supp.

You can download them here and read about your pension.

This is what JC28 says the rest would be in Article 30 of the Western Region.
Screenshot_20220209-164755_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I would never attempt to start this job at that age. You’re going to speed up the destruction of your body. It’s not like he’s been used to doing it for a couple decades, and his body is conditioned to it. A 52 year old body starting from scratch as a driver? Tall order.
But hey, good luck.
Never know man, I started this job at 39 and it was easier on me than the jobs I had for almost 20 years prior. It's all relative.

Shiftless

I can't even imagine starting this job at age 52!

At 52, I had already been retired from UPS almost 3 years.

More power to you! It wouldn't have been anything I would have ever done!

NOT saying it can't be done! Careful you don't hurt your self for life as many have.

Best of Luck!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Never know man, I started this job at 39 and it was easier on me than the jobs I had for almost 20 years prior. It's all relative.
Had to stop skiing because of a bad knee.

NOT saying it can't be done! Careful you don't hurt your self for life as many have.

Best of Luck!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Best of Luck!
We’re you west coast pension??? You must have got on to brown right after high school???

Shiftless

We’re you west coast pension??? You must have got on to brown right after high school???
So Cal

Yes, West Coast.

Peer 80

Left at 49

YUP just started Junior College

Friend got on and said come on and join! He then QUIT!

Never thought I would have been there to retire!

Still can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was there apparently during the Golden Years???

Choices ya gotta Love CHOICE"S!