Pension plans

Starting at UPS next week. Is there more than one pension plan to choose from, or will I automatically be enrolled in one? Can anyone get anything after 20 years? Im 36, and can't imagine slinging boxes in my 60's to get my pension.

E

el blanco

Starting at UPS next week. Is there more than one pension plan to choose from, or will I automatically be enrolled in one? Can anyone get anything after 20 years? Im 36, and can't imagine slinging boxes in my 60's to get my pension.

too old, find something else

anything

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Thanks. Should have started years ago. If only I knew then, what I know now. I'll probably say the same thing about package handling in a couple weeks.

You're vested after 5 years.
Obviously, the more FT years you work here, the more you'll get.
You will have to talk to your union hall about particulars in payout with years and age.

too old, find something else

anything
Thanks for pissing in my cheerios! I want to try being a driver before I leave. Doesn' sound like anyone in my location has clean driving records. My hiring manager said I might be able to get a driver position in 2-3 months. He said last time it was open, they had to hire off the street.

E

el blanco

Thanks for pissing in my cheerios! I want to try being a driver before I leave. Doesn' sound like anyone in my location has clean driving records. My hiring manager said I might be able to get a driver position in 2-3 months. He said last time it was open, they had to hire off the street.

then do it

what do you want, a blessing from the freaking pope

PT Car Washer

You would not be the only person in this position. Live a frugal life style, save as much as you can, go into Feeders when there is an opening and retire at 66 with a pension, Social Security and your own retirement funds. Do you have a better retirement plan?

You would not be the only person in this position. Live a frugal life style, save as much as you can, go into Feeders when there is an opening and retire at 66 with a pension, Social Security and your own retirement funds. Do you have a better retirement plan?
Not at all. The UPS benefits and drivers pay drew me to it. I'l have to Google these feeders. I don't know jack about UPS yet. Other than there's a lot of pissed off people on here!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Good luck then if part time. 65 is the age part time starts collecting in my local.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
then do it

what do you want, a blessing from the freaking pope
259hcc.gif