Pentagon

wkmac

Leave it to wkmac to turn something as all-American as a bedspread in to the scourge of the earth (and to take 9 sentences to do it.):wink2:

Leave it to Moreluck to bring the issue of washing a bedspread into a thread on the Pentagon and then you to ramp it up even further!

:wink2: Back at ya!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why not get rid of the bedspread all together? If you think about all the allocation of resources you must give up towards it and for ultimately what purpose? Eye appeal? You don't even have all the necessary tools to maintain it yourself and therefore must rely on others at some point to do so. What self serving decorator made the rule a bed spread is required anyway? If you argue for warmth, what's a blanket? At night when your eyes are closed, who sees it? Are you trying to live an illusion that at the end of the day is only a created mental image which requires your labor and resources and mostly to fit a benefit you think others need? When you take people on the grand tour of your home to see your bedspread, charge them a fee for the tour since it's really probably they who you really want to derive the benefit anyway. Charge em' if they so benefit and then use the money to buy the right washing machine to launder the spread to begin with.

But you'd never give up appearances for function, utility and a lot less effort and resources on your part now would you? There may be the root cause of why America is in the mess that it is. It's those damn bedspreads!
:wink2:

To answer your question.........I hate the "bed in the bag" sets and the comforters. I grew up when there were only bedspreads and everybody made their bed each morning. Over the years it's become almost impossible to find bedspreads. When I had my window coverings done for this house I even had the lady make a custom made spread for me. I can also still find them at Tuesday Morning and Penny's catalog.

If you have a comforter, you don't have the necessary tools to maintain that either unless you have a commercial washer & dryer.

I like a "put together" bed and would consider you a slob for not making it. You'd get a pass if you had a gang of kids, just close the door. My bedroom has a certain theme that is repeated in the bedspread, the wallpaper in the bathroom and throw pillows on the chair.

I take pride in my home. Hubby worked very hard to provide it. He works hard to maintain it.(tools galore). I want it to look good, even if I'm the only one who sees it some days. I like my illusion. I tried to pass these ways on to my kids. I like pretty things that I may collect give me pleasure and bring a smile to my face. My collections have changed over the years.....Waterford, Beleek, Milk glass, CHICKENS !!! My kitchen has ceramic chickens on the ledge above the cupboards.....I have a lot of cupboards, so I have a lot of chickens.

So shoot me cause my house is clean.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Leave it to Moreluck to bring the issue of washing a bedspread into a thread on the Pentagon and then you to ramp it up even further!

:wink2: Back at ya!

Do you think the Pentagon has bedspreads? If they do, they probably pay $10,000 each for them and they are hand woven by camel farmers in Kandahar.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wow, how funny that NOW none of the crazy 8's remember the suggested port deal that BUSH proposed. If I knew how to go back and search threads, I could cut and paste the posts.

During BUSH, the Arabs bought the chrysler buiding, TIme Warner and many more american businesses... They tried to grab our ports and RUSH LIMBAUGH led the way along with BUSH trying to sell the idea to us (americans) and it failed because of democratic opposition.

I guess history escapes many. But not Me. You can run, but you cant hide. I find it hilarious that some of you would say you NOW sided with the democrats opposing the Bubai Port deals.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/27/122808.shtml

Peace.

Last edited:

wkmac

Wow, how funny that NOW none of the crazy 8's remember the suggested port deal that BUSH proposed. If I knew how to go back and search threads, I could cut and paste the posts.

During BUSH, the Arabs bought the chrysler buiding, TIme Warner and many more american businesses... They tried to grab our ports and RUSH LIMBAUGH led the way along with BUSH trying to sell the idea to us (americans) and it failed because of democratic opposition.

I guess history escapes many. But not Me. You can run, but you cant hide. I find it hilarious that some of you would say you NOW sided with the democrats opposing the Bubai Port deals.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/27/122808.shtml

Peace.

Sorry TOS but the issue is no longer Arabs buying ports (I do remember this also) but rather now it's about bedspreads. Don't buck the system but try and stay on point will ya!
:wink2:

BTW: If letting Arabs own and invest in this country is really a problem, why have certain people here sat silent about the Bush family, the Carlyle Group and some of their friends?

[video=youtube;YZ6Gw_r3hB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ6Gw_r3hB0&playnext=1&list=PLF735F2605524 2CA2[/video]

As you watch, really think state capitalism and pure welfare manipulation. How do you get mad at the welfare queen working the system and not get mad at the welfare KINGS? Just cause they wear a 3 piece Brooks Brothers, drive the latest model Lexus and hold an MBA from the best schools doesn't mean they aren't crooks either!

Lue C Fur

Evil member

"WOW" is you spewing your lies and then acting like you cant do a search. Just keep repeating the lies and rhetoric which you recieve from your leftwing kool-aid drinkers...just like the MSM...if you keep repeating it then the sheep like you will believe it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"WOW" is you spewing your lies and then acting like you cant do a search. Just keep repeating the lies and rhetoric which you recieve from your leftwing kool-aid drinkers...just like the MSM...if you keep repeating it then the sheep like you will believe it.

Sorry brotha, but you are one of those that supported the sale of the ports to the arabs.

Peace.

wkmac

$125B is chump change.

From the Pentagon's biggest media cheerleader, not that the other outlets don't do their share:

"In the era of tightened fiscal budgets and out-of-control federal debt, the one sector of government that rarely finds itself on the chopping block is the military. But new doubts on how the Pentagon accounts for the colossal amount of taxpayer cash in its care have raised the question of whether the military needs more stringent fiscal accountability.

A Department of Defense Inspector General’s report released last week aimed to determine whether the changes in the Army General Fund data to financial statements in fiscal year 2015 were “adequately documented and supported.” The report revealed the Defense Finance and Accounting Service could not provide adequate documentation for how it spent $6.5 trillion.
"

And this problem is not new at all, only grows worse.

Some interesting clips in this video short.