permanent layoff

upschuck

No it doesn't. You're thinking of air driver.

Example an article 22.3 job that is preload and air driver. For your time working the preload you will be paid the rate you would be at had you stayed part time all of those years.
I know what one is, we have a lot here, all make the same rate if they are through progression.

PT Car Washer

I know what one is, we have a lot here, all make the same rate if they are through progression.
The only difference would be if their PT rate was higher then the Art. 22.3 rate. We have guys that were former package car drivers making less then the guy working next to them because the other guy went from PT to an Art. 22.3 job.

upschuck

The only difference would be if their PT rate was higher then the Art. 22.3 rate. We have guys that were former package car drivers making less then the guy working next to them because the other guy went from PT to an Art. 22.3 job.
True, we don't have any old timer PT guys that have 22.3, that I know of.

clean hairy

i am willing and able to work. like i said, every single day i call the center and they tell me theres no work for me. the hours for preload and such dont work with my schedule anyways as i've got other obligations in life.

i'm trying to stay as vague as possible so that i cant be identified. everything in this posting has been true. i have one other theory as to why the center manager hates me, however it is just a theory i've come up with as to why he dislikes me. the theory actually has nothing to do with ups, just a similar situation we have in our personal lives where i have bested him.
Maybe I missed something.
He says he is willing and able to work, but I then he says he is unable to work due to obligations in life.
He is only available to work for driving and nothing else?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
No it doesn't. You're thinking of air driver.

Example an article 22.3 job that is preload and air driver. For your time working the preload you will be paid the rate you would be at had you stayed part time all of those years.
The job you've described actually falls under Article 40 (air language). It is the lowest paying of the "combo" jobs. Around here, many people took that job to get FT seniority, then bid into an inside/inside job which does have a top rate (as others, notably @upschuck , have stated).
Maybe I missed something.
He says he is willing and able to work, but I then he says he is unable to work due to obligations in life.
He is only available to work for driving and nothing else?
Perhaps child care is an issue? That's one common problem around here when people are forced to work a different schedule.