Personal Vehicle Deliveries(peak)

Box Ox

so i can tell by the crap you post, that you're a clueless driver?

or does your logic only go one way..

It might. IE dictates a driver's day. Drivers just deliver. So we don't have to know the ins and outs of how your job works to cary out our function.

On the other hand, IE should probably have on the ground Operations knowledge and experience to take its work from theory to more practical application.

Notcool

When I was a seasonal sup asked if I could help a driver using my little s10. Loaded bed up twice and I delivered in neighborhoods. Frankly it was embarrasing. The looks and questions I got. Lol If it had rained or one flew out. I never did that again. The new UPS? Uber style? Disaster... how many packages can you fit in a dodge charger, honda civic altima? Lol or they contract routes like fedex

ManInBrown

They better plan on calling these miscreants back after peak to handle all their driver follow ups from missing packages. They give me one it's going right in the garbage along with the Surepost follow ups I get.

I pray I get called to Feeders before peak. I don't know how much more of this idiocy I can handle.

dudebro

It's actually worse than that. You never learn the job at all from an office. And that's the whole point.
I agree 100%. There are things you will only learn by application.

My issue on here is, once you tell someone you've had this experience, the next question is, "How LONG did you do it?". And there are no acceptable answers. If you say "40 years", someone will say, "When you've done it for 42, tell me about my job." It's ridiculous.

Fragile

Around here we have lasership. I'm not opening up my front door for some clown delivering out of his own car I don't care what kind of identification they have. I do not want them knowing where I live or coming anywhere near my house. Amazon started using them years ago and immediately I canceled my prime membership.