Personal Vehicle Deliveries(peak)

P

pickup

I understand they will not be delivering to Teamster officials so that risk is mitigated.

Hopefully there won't be females delivering to anyone in upper management. After numerous sexual harassment claims, the poor manager might get reassigned to another district.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Didn't we buy a company that was suppose display the gps map/directions on the windshield a few years back? Wonder what happened to that purchase.
Wouldn't that be considered an in cab distraction and take the drivers focus away form the road? It's a horrible idea and I hope it never happens!

Today at PCM it was announced that during peak UPS will hire people to deliver out of their personal vehicle. Stops will be dropped off for them and they will deliver using an app on their phone. They will get paid $18.75hr 52 cents a mile and $5 a day for cell phone use. This is crazy. Doesn't seem like a good idea
Hopefully the union does not let this happen.
What's next, vacation replacements?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Have you ever driven more than 30 days?

Yas, been driving wif 2 GPS units on my windshield fo years now...

some dirt roads on my rural area have no street signs.

And coupled with no cellphone towers nearby, having GPS units wif their own satellites already in the sky makes for a less stressful day.

Area knowledge comes as you drive on the same route daily, that's obvious

Yas, been driving wif 2 GPS units on my windshield fo years now...

some dirt roads on my rural area have no street signs.

And coupled with no cellphone towers nearby, having GPS units wif their own satellites already in the sky makes for a less stressful day.

Area knowledge comes as you drive on the same route daily, that's obvious
I was asking the IE FOOL. He seems to know everything

OrioN

Aye, butt u brownies have that OrioN trace, just load up the stops for the day on a standalone Garmin GPS units & wallah.

That's for non-commercial or no air commits stops, which is working fine on the eggplant home delivery opco.

Having the smartphone app for these seasonal or casual drivers will not work on some areas wif little cellphone coverage.

Git with the times brownies!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Aye, butt u brownies have that OrioN trace, just load up the stops for the day on a standalone Garmin GPS units & wallah.

That's for non-commercial or no air commits stops, which is working fine on the eggplant home delivery opco.

Having the smartphone app for these seasonal or casual drivers will not work on some areas wif little cellphone coverage.

Git with the times brownies!

The smartphone app is for scanning packages.

TTKU HD guy.

OrioN

Oops I assumed that app would be similar to Amazon flex, where they have a similar trace of doing the stops in a given area

Gear

Parts on Order
Any body hear about UberEats? Now Uber will pick up and a quarter pounder meal from McDonald's and deliver it for you. Its a $5 delivery fee. If a guy will purchase and deliver a quarter pounder in their privately owned car and deliver it to a complete stranger for less than $5, somebody will be willing to deliver packages for $18.75 and 52 cents a mile. Hopefully the Teamsters keeps this in check, this could turn out bad for all of us. I doubt these people will pay me $35 an hour, plus benefits to change their oil.